05 F250 Ran fine until, BAM No Start - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-19-2013, 06:39 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
05 F250 Ran fine until, BAM No Start

I bought a 05 F250 back in November. Its needed Head gaskets since the day i bought it. I was gonna do them this summer but anyway, on to the current issue im having. The truck ran great minus the Head gasket issue up until monday of this week. I drove the truck to work monday afternoon. 10 hrs later, The truck wont start. It cranks and cranks but it wont even try to fire. I checked the FICM, its putting out 48v with the key on and while cranking.

I dont think its getting any fuel. Theres no smoke coming out the the exhaust, just air. Ambient temps have been between 35-55 when i tried starting it.

I think its related to the HPOP. Any other opinions?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-19-2013, 06:42 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Any idea what your icp is it should be over 500psi. If it still doesn't star try un plugging the icp and crank it this will thro the ipr int a default mode to start if your icp is not showing 500 or more.
Old 04-19-2013, 06:48 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

How do i check this? i dont have a Scan guage (

I checked the FICM with a DMM by the way
Old 04-19-2013, 06:53 PM

You could put a gauge where the icp is if you have that. First try the icp unplugged if it won't start normally. It still could be a number of things wrong with it though crank sensor. So start with unplugging the icp and see if that helps then go from there.
Old 04-19-2013, 07:22 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

ok the trucks still out at work it will be a couple days before ill be back out there. Ill give that a shot!

Im curious though,
I do have a SCT SF3 i was gonna use for the truck after i installed head studs. (was gonna do it in a few weeks, along with the SCT fitting, and a few other things haha
I plugged it in when this happened and pulled DTC codes, of which there werent any. Wouldnt there be a code if the crank sensor was Fubared?
Old 04-22-2013, 05:11 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Unplugged ICP, still just sits there and cranks. Pulled DTC codes again only thing that showed up is the ICP Circuit Low. hmm I wonder why haha
I pulled the upper fuel filter and cycled the key, fuel came running out. Not dumping, but a steady stream. I disconnected both batteries and let sit for 5 minutes. Still no start, and no hint of fuel coming out of the exhaust. And no new codes.

Whats next?
Old 04-22-2013, 05:15 PM
Illiana Chapter Director

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
It has a HPO leak somewhere. STC, dummy plugs and stand pipes are the .most common failures on the 05+ trucks.
Old 04-23-2013, 03:07 PM

Its very hard to fix these truck without proper diagnostic equipment. Need to be able to check for injection pressure on engine cranking. #1 cause of no starts. If you can get the icp data and its not over 500 psi there is the no start. Next step is air checking the system to find the leak.
Old 05-04-2013, 04:41 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

I checked the voltage of the ICP while cranking. It builds to .7 volts (~525 psi) after a few seconds of cranking. So its got enough pressure to start. Still not getting any fuel.
Ive been thinking about buying auto enginuty or a scan gauge 2. Im just not sure if the Scan gauge 2 is gonna do enough diagnosing.

Is there any tests i could do for the Crank position sensor and the cam position sensor? using a dmm?

Last edited by jesterjames; 05-04-2013 at 05:05 PM.
Old 05-06-2013, 08:18 PM

Same problem

My situation is nearly same but voltage on ICP stays between .2 & .3.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.