Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

help please no start 6.0

2K views 12 replies 5 participants last post by  Young-SC-Owner 
#1 ·
hey guys I need a little help here please I have a late 04 I just did my oil cooler egr delete new dummy plugs and stand pipes I got her running but it wouldn't idle so I took it to the dealer and they told me my motor was junk so brought her home and found the lpop was bad so I changed that and the housing but she still wont run. I have a scangauge 2 and my ipr is at 84 and its new my icp will sometimes get to 300 max so I am lost maybe its a high pressure oil leak still if so where could it be or what should I do next thanks for any info

#5 ·
You have a HPO leak or weak pump. You need to do the air pressure leak test or start replacing the dummy plugs and stand pipes and try again. If it still fails to build ICP than you would need to check your pump and IPR out.

check ur ficm unit bro
A FICM won't cause low HPO. He has a HPO leak as stated with the IPR staying at 84-85% and the ICP staying less than 500 psi.

It takes 500 psi hp oil pressure min. to start. you may have a bad ICP sensor or a hp oil leak of some kind. Try unplugging the ICP sensor and try to restart.
^^ This.

#6 ·
I figured I have a high pressure oil leak but I cant seem to find it with the air test I have done both dummy plugs and stand pipes new hpop I just pulled one of the dummy plugs to and both nylon rings have a angled split in them I don't recall seeing that when I replaced them so now I am wondering if the dealer swapped them on me so with me finding that I guess I will do another pressure test in the morning on it thanks for the help guys

#7 ·
That is how the new updated standpipes and dummy plugs are. The nylon washer is to aid in the o-rings maintaining longevity.

When you were doing the air leak test were you commanding the IPR valve shut while pumping air pressure into the rails? You have to close the IPR valve or plug the port with a threaded plug in order to perform this test properly.

#8 ·
ok thanks i didn't recall seeing the split in them. yes i hooked two wires to the ipr but before i could here it click and now i don't here it.so maybe i will see if i can find a plug of it then i wouldn't need to hurry and listen for the leak correct

#9 ·
If you have another IPR valve try swapping it in and seeing if that fixes the problem. Sometimes junk goes through them and causes them to stick open and not allow HPO to build up.

#12 ·
i have no idea it was a young kid working on it and i think he was lazy they charged me 5 grand to tell me that it was junk then another grand for the lpop and cover and on and on with the hpop and oil cooler egr delete and so on it adds up pretty quick but i learned never to take it to that dealer again

#13 ·
In defense, I'm only 24 so I'm considered a young kid, I was a high performance marine mechanic,starting at 17, and as of a month ago, I took a job running a high performance machine shop, now specializing in high perf engine design. Young doesn't constitute ignorance...I'm not accusing you of it, just defending age and knowledge.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.