white smoke out of the exhaust - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-07-2013, 12:13 PM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
white smoke out of the exhaust

So i need a little help, right before i deployed while i was driving my truck i started seeing white smoke coming out of the exhaust, usually for about the first 5 minutes of driving if not more. i have had my injectors checked and have found out 4 of them are weak, and am planning on replacing them at the end of this deployment but i was wondering if there could be a second underlying issue that could be causing the smoke? any help you guys could give would be awesome. my truck is an 2005 f250 6.0.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-07-2013, 12:27 PM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
ficm could be low voltage and the voltage may climb as the truck warms up. also could have a slow EGR leak and the coolant burns off after a while and the leak is small enough not to leave a continuous trail of visible smoke. what were the temps when it was smoking white? i could just be cold as hell outside lol.
Old 04-07-2013, 11:33 PM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
it was probably around 50-60 degrees outside, and how can i test the ficm when i get back from my deployment? i was planning on replacing it with the bullet proof diesel one anyway but it would still be nice to know if its going bad. and im also going to replace the egr with the bullet proof diesel upgrade too. if those are the issues do you think that would fix the problem? thanks again
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.