Code P2285 - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-11-2006, 04:55 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Code P2285

Over the weekend every time I start up I am getting a CEL. Read the code and it is: P2285 Injector ctrl pressure sensor circ low. I found this post:

Quote:
Originally Posted by gairk View Post
Yeah I pulled the code P2285. ICP low value. I looked around the internet and there was a TSB:

ICP/EBP Sensor Repair Kit:
Both PowerStroke engines may exhibit codes related to the ICP(7.3: P1280; 6.0: P2285) and/or EBP sensors (P0472). If these codes are present, clear them. Start the engine and wiggle the sensor connector that matches the stored code. If the code returns, replace the sensr connector--P/N 3C3Z-12224-BA for 94-96; 3C3Z-12224-AA for 97-2004. Broadcast Message 1078/SSM #17573.
Where is the sensor located?

Also, would this be a warranty item (I am past the 36000 bumper to bumper)?

Thanks for any help.

Last edited by PowerItUp; 09-11-2006 at 05:06 AM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-11-2006, 09:49 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

on the 2003 6.0l the icp is under the turbo in the high press oil pump cover next to the ipr. I have seen alot of these leak oil into the connector and cause this code due to oil contaminating the wire insulation and wires crossing either way this sensor should be covered under 5year/100k engine warr with $100 deductable
Old 09-11-2006, 11:09 AM

Thanks psdtech for the info. I'll probably just get in to the dealer since it is covered.
Old 09-19-2006, 06:04 AM

Just an update. Thanks again psdtech...you were right on. The dealer replaced the sensor due to oil contamination. I do have another question. Dealer suggested a complete fuel system flush/injector cleaning and said it was needed every 30,000 miles. Is this right? I don't see it in my manual as a normal scheduled maintenance item. Thanks for any info.
Old 09-19-2006, 10:55 AM
I don't know nuttin....

Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerItUp View Post
Dealer suggested a complete fuel system flush/injector cleaning and said it was needed every 30,000 miles. Is this right? I don't see it in my manual as a normal scheduled maintenance item. Thanks for any info.
Really!? Thats new to me too. Anyone???
Old 09-19-2006, 04:02 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerItUp View Post
Just an update. Thanks again psdtech...you were right on. The dealer replaced the sensor due to oil contamination. I do have another question. Dealer suggested a complete fuel system flush/injector cleaning and said it was needed every 30,000 miles. Is this right? I don't see it in my manual as a normal scheduled maintenance item. Thanks for any info.
i am actually against these "fuel system flushes" because a lot of the flushes contain alcohol.....
Old 09-20-2006, 06:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc View Post
i am actually against these "fuel system flushes" because a lot of the flushes contain alcohol.....

Thanks for the input. I was a little leary myself. They told me it was a cleaning solution run in the truck but I didn't ask what kind of cleaning solution.
Old 09-20-2006, 01:18 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

flush

our shop foreman and service manager are trying to push us to sell these flushes we use bg products the flush fluid is just diesel fuel with cleaners added then you need to replace the filters seems like snake oil to me.oh well
Old 10-08-2007, 10:49 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

If you have a P2285 DTC and you have installed a chip (Banks 6 Gun) is the warranty invailid? This truck has about 70,000 miles and the dealer won't fix it due to the chip.

The 6 liter has not leaked any oil yet (under the turbo on this model), but the performance is getting worse. The newer diesels from International have moved the location of the Injector Control Pressure Sensor - I'm guessing their engineers realized under the turbo wasn't the greatest spot to mount it and also the wiring harness had problems shorting out from the leaking oil or from the heat melting the insulation.

The new sensors do require a new wiring harness - correct? If the warranty is invalid, do you have to buy all parts from Ford or is there a place on-line for International parts? The dealer wants $150 for the sensor and $850 for the wiring harness.

Any suggestions?
Old 10-08-2007, 10:52 AM
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Blue01F250 Send a message via Yahoo to Blue01F250
They have to prove that your tuner caused the malfunction...

you can fight it once you get some info and all -- it might take a while, but if they cannot prove that your tuner caused the malfunction, it should be covered under the 100K warranty with $100 ded
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.