Sct tuner question? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-04-2013, 01:25 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Sct tuner question?

I just got a used Sct Sf3. I thought it was supposed to have 3 pre-loaded tunes but it only has the strategy tune. Am I just not finding the tunes? Or is this the only one it comes with?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-04-2013, 06:58 PM

Have you selected the Strategy Tune option?

I believe that the "canned" tunes (Tow, Street, and Perf) are under that menu option when connected to your truck OBDII port.

The Custom Tune menu is where you would find any tunes that you order from tune writers of "custom" tunes. You would need to load those tunes from your computer (received by e-mail) into the SCT through the Livewire software.

Also, you should load the Livewire software onto your computer, get it to update to the latest version, and then connect your SCT to make sure it has the latest version of the Strategy tunes downloaded from SCT via the internet.

Hope this helps.

Keith.
Old 04-04-2013, 07:16 PM

I selected the strategy tune option and it tuned the truck, there was no other tune options. That's why I'm confused.
Old 04-04-2013, 09:37 PM

really, that's not how mine works. It gives me the chance to select which of the 3 tunes I want to use under the Strategy menu.

Did it ask you to change or modify Options?

Oh, another thing I noticed is that sometimes the Select button clicks twice and jumps ahead by two menus without giving me a chance to read the first one. Watch for that.

I think that if you already have a canned tune on the truck, you may need to set it back to stock first, then select Strategy, then Tow, Street, or Perf. Once a tune is installed, I think it only allows options to be changed unless you go back to stock. Maybe that's what happened??

Might want to check your version of the firmware and tune version (I think it's under the device Info menu) and then compare that with SCT web site.

If this doesn't help, I would give them a call or tech chat through the web site if both of your version numbers are up to date.

Good luck.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
6.0, sct tuner

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.