Coolant puking under load oil cooler or head?? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-03-2013, 07:00 AM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Coolant puking under load oil cooler or head??

I have an 05 f350 srw had oil in my coolant about a year ago took it to local mechanic had egr delete and new oil cooler installed got the truck back and was told he only put water and simple green in the cooling system to finish flushing the system so I flushed a few times then filled back up with elc haven't had any problems till now when the trucks under a load trailer or no trailer it pukes Coolant, coolant temp stays under 200* but oil temp usually stays 15*-20* higher until the load is off the engine, no oil in coolant, no coolant in oil, no power loss, white smoke high temps, just pukes.. Any one have any ideas I have stock head gasket & studs edge tuner stays on economy mode with display for gauges I'm thinking its head gasket and or oil cooler any ideas on how to see I plan on putting arp studs, oem head gasket and oem oil cooler if its the head, just curious if anyone else has seen these symptoms

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-03-2013, 07:03 AM
Premium Member

We see puking issues on here all the time, 9 times out of 10 its head gasket related.
Old 04-03-2013, 07:26 AM

That's the only thing I can think it is just didnt know if there was a way a faulty oil cooler could cause puking

Old 04-03-2013, 07:33 AM
Premium Member

Get your friggin check book out and hand it to the guy working on your truck. I loved my 6.0. Had three of them until the 3rd bit me in my a%^ for the second time. So what did I do? I go and purchase a new one....Lol...Good luck brother. Awesome trucks when they are running right. I still wouldn't buy a Dodge or Chevy. As long as Ford functions without my tax $'s I will continnue to support them. Oh, I think its the heads gaskets. I had the same problem coming back from a trip with a load. Can you smell coolant through your air conditioner vents when the air is on?
Old 04-03-2013, 07:55 AM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
What are your deltas unloaded? A clogged oil cooler can cause slight puking SOMETIMES, but I'd bet its head gaskets failing. Pull it apart, stud it, put a new oil cooler in, and be done with it.
Old 04-03-2013, 08:10 AM

It's the same unloaded if I start up a hill and have over 50% load on the engine it'll puke a little can't smell coolant.. Can take the rad cap off with eng hot and there's no pressure behind it but only time I lose coolant is by puking.. also passed the pressure test I made.. Ill be doing all the work myself but dang um parts are so expensive!! Any suggestions on where I can buy a complete stud/head gasket kit? Or would I be better off buying individual?

Old 04-03-2013, 08:11 AM
Premium Member

When was the last time you changed your degas bottle cap?
Old 04-03-2013, 08:19 AM
Premium Member

Any loss of power?
Old 04-03-2013, 08:19 AM

I've bought 2 caps in the past year one from napa, one from o'reilly's and I can't say I really liked either cap they were both different napas didn't feel like it was sealed off before it clicked tight and o'reilly's didn't click torque at all

Old 04-03-2013, 08:23 AM

No power loss at all I'm flushing the system out, installing new cap, and changing the oil today to see if it helps any I plan on changing the head gasket and studs as soon as I can afford to but it's looking like it'll be sooner than I expected

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.