HELP No Start After Delete,Oil cooler, & Injectors - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-27-2013, 12:12 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
HELP No Start After Delete,Oil cooler, & Injectors

I installed an egr delete, oil cooler and new injectors and now the truck wont start. I borrowed a scanner from my friend and the main codes that i seem to come up with is low injector circuit on all 8 injectors. The ficm reads 48 volts koeo and 48 volts while cranking. I know the ground is installed correctly. the icp is reading 1455psi while cranking obviously I am assuming that the injectors are not getting power. any thoughts would help not a professional at running this scanner so could use info on what more i might be looking for, Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-27-2013, 01:01 PM
Premium Member

Usually it means you didn't fully plug in the clips into the FICM. Next would be a wire broken or shorted out.
Old 04-07-2013, 02:10 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

So here is where I am so far. Still no start, have checked ficm plugs several times. Pulled injector harness off and inspected. Tested every wire from one plug to the other with an ohms tester and all wires test good. Found some chafing in the main harness under where the air filter box goes and repaired the 4 wires that were damaged. I still have a no start. I no longer havethe scanner so all I know is that I had 48v while cranking before. I see there is a relay fuse for the ficm in the box under the hood #304 I think could that be an issue? I unpluged it and turned key to on and only hear fuel pump and that is when I determined the buz I was hearing must have been from the injectors. Put relay back in and I do hear,the buz again but it is for like a fraction of a second. Just to recap the only code I was getting was injector curcuit low on all 8 injectors. Would love to hear any thoughts! Thanks!

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Old 04-07-2013, 04:57 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Swap the relay for another under the hood of same value?
Old 04-07-2013, 05:02 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Thought about that but none of the others are the same appear to be same size but prongs are a bit wider on the ficm and they do have diff part #s
Old 04-07-2013, 05:07 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Hey better to buy a $20 relay than $500 ficm or who knows the price of the wireharness. It souds weird but have a buddy get a paper town carboard role and put his ear on the relay and make sure he can here it click. The carboard role kinda pin points the sound better and blocks out others
Old 04-07-2013, 05:24 PM
Powerstroke Techie

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Nah the FICM relay is unique to that fuse box. swapping it with an unknown relay won't do any good.

Did you pull the ficm out and check the pins? Possible one got bent. I'd also take a good look at the female pins too on the harnesses, maybe one is pushed in?

Seems to be either something happened in the process of the install or something got disturbed enough to finally cause a problem. Seen that before unfortunately. It's even harder when you don't have a scantool.

Also, were you getting 8 injector low codes BEFORE you started all of this?
Old 04-07-2013, 06:36 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Thanks for the input this whole thing is just driving me nuts. I can't figure out how i had / have 48v to the ficm koeo and while cranking but even after i cleared codes i got the injector curcuit low codes when i do the buzz test.

The truck ran when i started the project. I just had 3 bad injectors and a cracked egr cooler. I wish i knew what got disturbed.

How long should you hear the buzz when you bend the key? Are you saying that the relay could not be the issue? all the pins on the ficm and plugs look good as i said i ohem tested the two plugs that are on the injector harness. I noticed i could not see several of the female pins on the main plug and thought whey may be pushed in but i opened the plug far enough to see and it does not seem there is a wire going to all of the holes. That does seem odd to me since the ficm has pins in every spot. Is it poss that the ficm is bad or messed up? I am not sure i had it rebuilt about 20k ago I suppose i could send it back but the good readings really have me ?ing that.
Old 04-07-2013, 06:38 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Attached Thumbnails
HELP No Start After Delete,Oil cooler, & Injectors-1365388672931.jpg  
Old 04-07-2013, 06:51 PM
Powerstroke Techie

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
The ficm could definitely be bad, all 8 low codes is common for this. Unfortunately it's a hard piece to diagnose. Do you know anyone else with one you could borrow? It's possible but I've never heard of a FICM relay going bad.

A cold truck should buzz for atleast a second or 2 on the original calibration and 3-5 seconds on the new one.

whos injectors did you install?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.