Injectors..... are they bad???? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-24-2013, 07:20 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Injectors..... are they bad????

I have a 2006 F250 with 95K on it. If it is over about 60 degrees when I start it there are no problems. If it colder then that it will blow white smoke for some time until it warms up. This morning it was about 12 degrees when I started it. It wasn't plugged it and it made a huge cloud of white smoke for over 5 mins. It also sounded like it was missing for about 3 or four mins. I was thinking of having some warren 155's installed but I'm a little short on funds. Should I bite the bullet and do the injectors or just wait the stock injectors out?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-24-2013, 08:00 PM
Premium Member

For a bit of your time and new seals give the fix in my sig a try.
Old 03-25-2013, 08:53 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Sounds like FICM is going out. Have you checked voltage?

MikeB
Old 03-25-2013, 12:49 PM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 1 reviews

I have a 2005 f350 ccsrw and I think I lost #8 injector since my edge shows the code for low contribution. Truck idles rough and blows blue smoke. I just bought 4 remans. but was wondering if ur stiction solution would work on an injector that sounds like it's totally out?

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
Old 03-25-2013, 12:54 PM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Also forgot to mention last week my miss started out and my edge said it was #6 low contribution code but it has since cleared.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
Old 03-25-2013, 01:36 PM
Premium Member

You never really know the condition of an injector until it has been removed. If it is stiction in any of the movement points it is possible to fix, but not always. Contribution codes can be caused by lots of things, but injectors are the most likely. If 4 or more were acting up, then the FICM would probably be at fault. However, FICM voltage would be a given to check before digging into the engine.
Old 03-26-2013, 05:31 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

ficm shows good on my on my sct livewire so I don't think it is the ficm. Something strange happened today. I have noticed that while I have my truck tuned it runs a little rougher and blows more white smoke then when it is on stock tuning. Today while I was warming it up after work I revved it up a couple times. It died after I revved it and would not start again until I put it back to stock tuning. Could it be the tuning and not the injectors? It is just the street tune from innovative. This one has me baffled.
Old 03-26-2013, 06:01 PM
Premium Member

You need to tell us what the true ICP/IPR is when it dies. Let's rule out the easy stuff first. It is quite possible an injector is failing open. A tune will almost always make injector problems worse.
Old 03-26-2013, 07:47 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

I'm new to the compression ignition world and the 6.0. I have heard about the ICP/IPR before but I don't know what they are. I think I have seen them on the tuner while playing around with it. It has only died that one time. The thing that made me think that my tune was messed up somehow is that it wouldn't start again after it died. It would turn over and even sounded like it wanted to fire but it wouldn't stay running until I put the stock tune back on. I enjoy reading this forum and have spent hours reading posts and have never hear of anything like this. The truck is running fine now and I will play around with the tuner in the AM and see if it acts up again. Thanks for your help. I will keep you up to date either way it turns out. Thanks again.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.