6.0 - No power high rpm/no smoke or CELs - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-21-2013, 05:45 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
6.0 - No power high rpm/no smoke or CELs

Alright. I got the truck a couple days ago. I realized I had no power up high (above 2k). Popped the hood yesterday and my buddy pointed out the last owner tried to duct tape the coupler onto the turbo and used hose clamps on the other side of it instead of t clamps. I clamped the couple back on thinking that might have been why it had no power but still nothing. The truck runs fine below 2k but I dont hear the turbo spooling up at all. I pulled the intake off and it spins freely and doesnt seem to have any shaft play. I then pulled the charge piping off the intake manifold and I can feel it blowing and hear it whistling through the pipe. I have no CEL and took it to autozone and had them scan it anyway with no codes. It also isnt blowing out any smoke out the exhaust at all. I just unplugged the batteries to reset everything hoping for some stupid reason it was in limp mode but still nothing. Im gonna pull the egr and check the FICM tomorrow. Any other suggestions?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-21-2013, 06:59 PM
Premium Member

What is the EBP and Boost pressure? Sounds like boost leaks. Maybe you have an up-pipe exhaust leak, do you hear anything? Fix that with new boots (if needed) and clamps, get a suitable monitor and report back.
Old 03-21-2013, 07:24 PM
Premium Member

What twoicebergs suggested is very a good start. On my dads truck we had the same problem you are describing, I cant really remember what the remedy was though. When you go over 2k RPM does the truck just fall on its face or does it just lack on power? While you are in there, check that all the connections to your alternator and FICM are on there good and check your exhaust back pressure valve. but first do what twoicebergs suggested.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.