Injector cleaning solution - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-19-2013, 05:01 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Injector cleaning solution

I think i might have an injector stiction issue and am wondering if any of the cleaning chemicals work? IE.. Rev-X, B-12, Seafoam. I am looking to get a little more time before I have to tear into it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-20-2013, 05:25 AM
Vintage Nakamichi Powered

What oil are you using in the engine ?
Try 5W/40 synthetic will run much better , best oil for the injectors try that first.
Old 03-21-2013, 08:59 AM

as of right now i am running Motorcraft but i am goint to switch to syn next time its Due. I just did it 3 weeks ago along with my HPOP and more. Is Rev-X really worth it's salt. 65$ seems pretty high for 8oz every oil channge
Old 03-21-2013, 09:18 AM

I had a stictation issue with one of my injectors and when I changed oil for the first time I used Motorcraft oil and problem got real bad. Switched to T-6 5W/40 with some HSS it helped and got me by for about a month before injector totally died. Good luck with it
Old 03-21-2013, 09:23 AM

Thanks. A month would just about be perfect. A buddy of mine is rebuilding the trans in his dodge so he is riding with me. I need to wait until his truck is back up and running so i can make him repay the favor.
Old 03-21-2013, 10:59 AM

One other thing I did was retuned truck to stock when I was running my performance/economy tune the truck tended to buck and miss real bad. Also was running 2 stroke oil and diesle clean in the fuel. Helped some but once that injector finally died it was done. Mine fortunately was sticking closed so I had no smoke and really no codes until right at the end then I started getting contribution codes. But, looking at it with my AE you could definitely see it laying down. I only changed the one injector and have been luck so far knock on wood. So far she is still nice and flat on all 8 cylinders. If you can afford it I'd do the Rev X. Was not real impressed with HSS. I did complain to the place I bought it from (they suggested it instead of Rev X) and got a full refund (bonus for me)
Old 03-27-2013, 06:10 AM

is there a best place to get the Rev-X? All the prices seem about the same so i would prefer to go with a place that Is associated with the .ORG.
Old 03-27-2013, 06:19 AM
Banned

Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Get archoil 2300 first then get archoil 9100 and synthetic oil. Run the 2300 now for a few thousand miles if possible then drain the oil and refill with synthetic and archoil 9100. Should be good for a while after that.
Old 03-31-2013, 11:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpmac83 View Post
I think i might have an injector stiction issue and am wondering if any of the cleaning chemicals work? IE.. Rev-X, B-12, Seafoam. I am looking to get a little more time before I have to tear into it.
Well the last couple of days my motor been running like crap, missing,bucking/farting etc like a couple of the injectors were bad, put some REVX right into the oil filter, new t6 oil and after running a couple of hundred miles I started back up this morning with no issues anymore, like to clear the contribution codes that showed up before dont want the codes to mess things up again.......

Last edited by Louiediesel; 03-31-2013 at 11:59 AM.
Old 03-31-2013, 06:15 PM

I got the truck back from ford and they said i have 2 bad injectors and 1 REALLY bad injector. so i am just going to change them all since i have to get in there anyway.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.