In need of a little advice on a no-start issue.. - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-10-2013, 07:25 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
In need of a little advice on a no-start issue..

Ive recently purchased an '06 F250. Its in the shop with what is looking like a bad HPOP. Ive done a little research but want to be sure I understand how the next few items all tie together and if the HPOP could have been the cause of the other issues.

Upon purchasing the truck I was told that no work had been done to the motor other than fluid/filter changes and normal "check out". I've come to find out that there were 3 injectors replaced as well as something "internal" - (service depts. description) on the turbo.

I had the truck two weeks when the engine completely lost power and started "knocking" hard as I was pulling out into traffic. I was able to limp back to the house and shut it down. I was unable to restart the engine at all. It turned over but that was it. Did some testing for obvious things.....fuel filters, diesel in the upper cup, FICM check for <47vdc (48.8 in all cases btw). Had the dealer come get it and look into it. I'm now being told that its an issue with the HPOP which is covered by the warranty.

My concern is that the injectors are fired via the high pressure oil, and the turbo bearings are cooled by the oil (not sure if its the same high pressure oil or not). If the HPOP was in the "early" stages of failing and was the cause of the bad injectors and whatever turbo part(s) that were replaced, is there anything else I can expect to be instore for, and do I need to get a more thorough diagnosis from a third party?

The dealer is also dragging its feet in a big way.. This is the second time the truck has left me on the side of the road since purchase. I noticed another poster making mention of 30 days being the extent of the lemon law returns on used cars/trucks... They want to wait until 31 days after the sell date to do anything at all.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-10-2013, 07:33 PM
Premium Member

a problem with the hpop will not affect then injectors or turbo i believe . but read up[ on the stickies in the 6.0l section good luck with you truck
Old 03-10-2013, 08:40 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbotibbo View Post
a problem with the hpop will not affect then injectors or turbo i believe . but read up[ on the stickies in the 6.0l section good luck with you truck

thank you turbo.
Old 03-10-2013, 08:46 PM
Winning DUHHH

It isnt nescarily the Hpop, it could be STC fitting, dummy plugs, ETC...

Ford isnt always the best, they told my wife she had 8 bad injectors...all 8! when it suddenly quit driving down the road, against the advice from ford, she took it to her friends shop and told him to put an HPOP in it, and 15000 miles later, injectors are fine
Old 03-11-2013, 09:33 AM
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Young-SC-Owner View Post
It isnt nescarily the Hpop, it could be STC fitting, dummy plugs, ETC...

Ford isnt always the best, they told my wife she had 8 bad injectors...all 8! when it suddenly quit driving down the road, against the advice from ford, she took it to her friends shop and told him to put an HPOP in it, and 15000 miles later, injectors are fine
yup it pays to do a little looking around your self , there are tons of threads on here that can help you along with finding out what is really going on . hope it works out for ya tho
Old 03-11-2013, 09:48 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

I agree and typically I'd do my own work but I've had the truck for literally 14 days. (At the time it failed me). This should be well within my warranty coverage and handled by the dealer in this case.

After this fiasco the truck will never go back there again. They've been trying to jerk me around for over a week now. Funny part is, I've had a few folks in my area tell me that the diesel mechanic up there is fantastic. My issues haven't been with him or the diagnostics. The issue has been the dealer trying to act in my opinion very shady about the whole thing. Went up there again this morning armed with enough documentation that they finally had to act on it with no more excuses.

I was curious about the hpop because of work previously done on the truck right before I bought it (dealer originally told me NO me no mechanical work had been done). I've been doing a huge amount of reading to the point that I am in a bit of information overload. Wanted to be sure how the parts in question interacted with one another before I made an idiot of myself.
Old 03-12-2013, 05:57 AM
Winning DUHHH

In need of a little advice on a no-start issue..

Hope it all works out fir the best

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.