2004 F-350 won't start - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-08-2013, 08:22 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
2004 F-350 won't start

I have a 2004 f-350 6.0 diesel. I drove it for approximately 200 miles with the water in fuel light on. I parked it and three days later it would not start. I have changed the fuel filters and purged any air. It will run when I apply starting fluid but dies shortly there after, after the starting fluid affects end.
Any sugestions? HELP!!!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-08-2013, 08:56 PM
Bump To Pass!!

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
First STOP using the starting fluid! Next you need get us some more info. Do you have a scan tool to get us some data. Need to check ICP IPR FICM volts and fuel pressure to start with.
Old 03-09-2013, 12:26 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

thank you for your replay. I went out today and bought me a actron autoscanner plus. it came up with code P0404 which is the Exhast gas recirculation control circuit range/performance. P132B turbocharger/supercharger boost control A performance. P2269 water in fuel condition P2290 injector control pressure too low P2614 camshaft position signal output circuit, open What would recommend (HELP)
Old 03-09-2013, 02:19 PM
Bump To Pass!!

Well...the two big ones for no start are going to be the cam position code and ICP too low code. Will it let you monitor data. You need to look at ICP while cranking. It needs to be 500psi or she wont start. Also if it will let you look at cam and crank sync. I would start there. The water in fuel and boost code ignore for now until it is running.

Edit: Is this a early or late build 04 engine? The early ones the ICP sensor is under the turbo and prone to leaking and no starts. If it is a late build the icp will be in the front of the passenger side valve cover.
Old 03-09-2013, 07:40 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Thank you, it is an early 04. It's suppose to rain all day tomorrow so it will be monday before I can get back to it.
Old 03-10-2013, 06:52 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

last night while cranking I still get a water in fuel code even though I changed th fuel filters and I got a P2291 low injector control pressure while cranking. Thank you for any help.
Old 03-10-2013, 07:43 AM
Bump To Pass!!

Did you drain the water serperator? Either way the ICP is what you need to chase. You can unplug the ICP sensor at the back part of the engine under the turbo, and see if it starts. If it does then it is a sensor and pigtail issue. If not then you need to watch the ICP pressure while cranking.
Old 03-10-2013, 07:52 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Yes I drained the water. I will unpug it and try as soon as it stops raining. Thank you
Old 03-10-2013, 09:58 AM
Premium Member

Muttins4321s

Take back the scanner you bought and get one of the recommended gauges that monitor actual PID values. The least expensive is Scangauge II at $160. DashBoss is $180, but is a much easier unit to use, but you need an IPhone or IPad. If you want an integrated unit, get a SCT Livewire. Once you do this and get the ICP, IPR, FICM voltage, and Sync values you can probably figure out what you need to dig into next. Toren302 gave you a good test, once you have fixed the WIF problem.

The WIF may be real, and if it is you need to find out quick. However, I don't think that is the problem... Most probable cause is the area where the sensor sits is corroded so bad that you need to take the side off the HFCM and clean it out and replace the damaged parts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.