ECT vs EOT question/problem - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-07-2013, 04:31 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
ECT vs EOT question/problem

My truck is an 06 and I bought it back in September and finally got to drive it for the first time yesterday. Long story short my truck was in an accident with 129xxx miles when I bought it. In my driveway I had to but everything onto an new frame and did my head gaskets (oem) and arps. I also did my blue sprung and stc fitting. Now its all back together and I drove roughly 100 miles. I did about half cruzing at 70 on the freeway and my eot was ~200 and my ect was ~183. While my truck was down I also replaced the engine oil cooler. With the current temps am I in trouble already? I did not flush coolant system before engine tear down.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-07-2013, 04:35 PM

Temps checked by scan gauge ii and I also have egr delete from previous owner. Valve is still in and connected though. And just before I pulled in it threw a p0401 code.
Old 03-07-2013, 05:04 PM
Premium Member

Check your ECT and EOT after a cold soak over night and see how close the temps are. They should be a few degrees of each other close to the outside temp. The ECT is a little low, but its cold outside too. If the ECT never gets above 183, I would look at a new thermostat. If I remember correctly, the Delta is measured when the ECT is a minimum of 185.
Old 03-07-2013, 05:09 PM
Premium Member

Also, backflush the system, get some VC-9 from Ford and follow the coolant flush procedures. If you havent yet, get the Ford Gold replaced with a good ELC Silicate free coolant. Some folks have reported oil cooler clogging after coolant flushes, but at this point if you still have old coolant in there you may have already partially clogged the cooler. Get a coolant filter after the flush and coolant replacement.
Old 03-07-2013, 05:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHYRMN View Post
Also, backflush the system, get some VC-9 from Ford and follow the coolant flush procedures. If you havent yet, get the Ford Gold replaced with a good ELC Silicate free coolant. Some folks have reported oil cooler clogging after coolant flushes, but at this point if you still have old coolant in there you may have already partially clogged the cooler. Get a coolant filter after the flush and coolant replacement.

I do also have a coolant filter and I put in a total of 4gallons of elc coolant and a gallon and a half of new distilled water should most old be coolant be out? My ect does get over 185 when I'm going slow
Old 03-07-2013, 05:39 PM
Premium Member

Ok, lets check the ECT and EOT temps a cold after a cold soak and see the results. If those temps are normal, then we may be looking at a partially clogged oil cooler.
Old 03-07-2013, 05:48 PM

Alright ill check er tomorrow. Thanks for the help
Old 03-07-2013, 05:56 PM
Premium Member

We've all been there. Your experience will let you help others. Thats what were all here for. Good luck, I personally hope its not your cooler.
Old 03-07-2013, 06:53 PM

As do I lol. Just put a supposedly new one in
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.