part# for oil filler pipe bracket - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-06-2013, 08:36 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
part# for oil filler pipe bracket

Hey guys, I need some help. I've searched the forum and googled my brains out with little success. After recent work on the AC and a fuel filter billet cap installation (at two different places) I noticed that the bracket that holds the oil filler pipe is missing. One mechanic says it's not there on the trucks but isn't sure about the vans and the other says it was already missing when he worked on the AC. Either way, the oil filler pipe has way too much play.

So, the missing bracket appears to have gone over both the oil filler pipe and the foil covered AC line (I think that's what it is) as shown by these two pictures. On the 2005 van with the 6.0 the oil filler tube is located on the driver's side at the top.

Does anyone know a part # for the bracket? I believe the Part# for the pipe on a 2005 E350 is 3Z-6C755-AA but I'm not entirely certain. Any help appreciated
Attached Thumbnails
part# for oil filler pipe bracket-bracket1.jpg   part# for oil filler pipe bracket-bracket2.jpg  
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-07-2013, 04:15 PM
Powerstroke Techie

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
The bracket goes from the far right alternator stud over to a stud behind the intake elbow. It supports the oil fill tube and the hot side cac tube with 3 bolts. It's common to find it or the CAC tube brackets broken off. I'm sure most guys just toss them out when they find them broken.

I can't check part numbers at home but 6C755 is the basic for an F-series oil filter standpipe. Nothing to do with that bracket
Old 03-07-2013, 06:42 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinner6.0L View Post
The bracket goes from the far right alternator stud over to a stud behind the intake elbow. It supports the oil fill tube and the hot side cac tube with 3 bolts. It's common to find it or the CAC tube brackets broken off. I'm sure most guys just toss them out when they find them broken.

I can't check part numbers at home but 6C755 is the basic for an F-series oil filter standpipe. Nothing to do with that bracket
Hey, thanks for the reply and info. That makes sense since I also had the alternator recently replaced. Maybe the bracket broke or whatever and the mechanci didn't think I would need it but the oil filler pipe is a bit too loose for my taste.

Maybe it's a van thing but I'm worried it will detach at some point. Knowing the bracket also attaches to the alternator is helpful and gives me something to work with. I didn't have any luck with Tousley and their limited parts schematics or with a direct inquiry.
Old 03-08-2013, 10:46 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

As I understand it the bracket also reduces the movement of the charge air cooler (CAC) tube. Movement over time can allow the CAC tube to blow off of the turbo, a huge PITA to put back on. Not good.

The part # is 4C2Z-6K864-AA. $21.99 at Tousley. You will also need two M8 locking nuts and two M8x30mm bolts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.