Preprogrammed pcm-no sync - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-06-2013, 05:44 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Preprogrammed pcm-no sync

I am finishing up putting a basket case together (07 F-350) and am having a problem with FICM sync. The person that tore it apart sold the injectors,ficm and any other parts he could get money for. I got a new FICM from Ford (the paperwork says international on it) that is suppose to be preprogrammed according to the dealer and the paper that came with it. Truck will not start and scanner says no ficm sync. Has anybody used one of these preprogrammed ficms and had them work without having the programmed? What are my options? Help.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-06-2013, 05:49 PM

I still haven't used one yet but know some ppl who have. First do you have sync? No PCM sync leaves you with no ficm sync.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Old 03-06-2013, 05:55 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

My scanner does not show pcm sync, it does show cam/crank sync which is yes.
Old 03-06-2013, 06:00 PM

That's the same.are the injectors buzzing when the key is turned on?does ficm lpwr,vpwr have battery voltage and mpwr 48?

Old 03-06-2013, 06:01 PM

What's the part # on your ficm box?

Old 03-06-2013, 06:31 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris7686 View Post
That's the same.are the injectors buzzing when the key is turned on?does ficm lpwr,vpwr have battery voltage and mpwr 48?

Injectors are buzzing when key is turned on(I also ran a buzz test with the scanner), I will have to double check voltage readings tomorrow, but I am sure I was seeing over 12 volts vehicle voltage and 48 volts while cranking. No part# on box but paperwork has a 3 4307401r1. Thanks for any help.
Old 03-06-2013, 06:37 PM

I'm guessing that's the international #. I would double check w who you got the part from that its right and suspect a faulty ficm.i would def replace it before going thru the hassle of troubleshooting it! Has the vehicle ran before u installed this ficm?

Old 03-06-2013, 07:09 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

It was tore apart when I got it, tore down for a bad lifter. The guy that tore it apart stole the injectors and ficm and then disappeared (my guess is he put them on somebody elses truck before he disappeared). The owner is a friend of mine so I told him I would do it, he has bought all new parts including the ficm from the dealer. Maybe it is a bad ficm, just wish it was easy to know for sure.
Old 03-08-2013, 05:40 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris7686 View Post

Still need help. logic power is at .5 volts,v-power 12.3-12.5 and main voltage is just over 48 volts. I even tried a ficm off of my sons truck, still no sync. Anybody have any ideas?
Old 03-08-2013, 07:23 PM

any codes? removed ficm relay..should be under hood,grey 1inch square relay with notch out of one of the corners.check power at pin 1 to ground. Check power at pin 5 to ground.both should have battery voltage.if not then there is an open circuit either in pin 1 or 5 whichever fails.assuming they both have battery voltage...you would then need to ohm ficm logic circuit. ficm connector c pin 8 to pcm power relay pin 87. this should be less than 5 ohms.assuming this passes.check ficm resistance from ficm relay pin 2 to ficm C connector pin 27. this should be less than 5 ohms also. Although if you want to save yourself some time.... get a known good ficm relay and replace it and see what happens.if still no logic one of the above mentioned circuits are at fault.if all circuits and relay pass then new ficm is faulty. let me know what ya come up with.my wiring diagrams arent loading or I would have a bit more details.sry
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.