6.0 possible HPOP issue... - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-03-2013, 07:25 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
6.0 possible HPOP issue...

Alright my truck when i bought it, it took about 2 seconds of cranking for it to start i would just count 1 mississippi 2 mississippi and start. But i have started noticing that it takes much longer like 4 to 5 seconds but only when its warm, when its cold its still like 2 seconds.It just seems like it cranks over forever to start. From resurch i have done i think it could be my HPOP or the sct fitting in the HPOP but i need some help, could it be something else or any suggestion on what else to look for. Also is there a way to check the HPOP or no.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-03-2013, 07:32 PM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Re: 6.0 possible HPOP issue...

What oil are you running? Did this start after an oil change? Your description sounds like an o-ring on a stand pipe that is worn/torn. When the oil is cold and thick it has a harder time "leaking" past the o-ring. When the oil is hot and thinner, it has less of a problem getting past the o-ring. Not to say that it can't be something else but this sure fits your description.

I know you said that it seemed to change but it may not be broken or it may not be oil related.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Old 03-03-2013, 08:09 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

It started about 300+ miles after my first oil change on the truck, and i used 15W-40 not shure what brand but my dad said he got the best oil he can and he is a diesel mechanic but he works on big work equiptment not really pickup trucks. I also did the fuel filters and oil filter and i also put a ford brand oil filter cap on the truck bc the PO had a different one on there and it was much taller than the ford brand. any suggestions i just want to know some bc i am going to call sheilds diesel which is the place that did my headstuds and 4 injectors when i called them and asked about the work done they said they did all the updates to the truck so i just want to know what to ask to see if they have fixed it already, the work was done at 118,000 and its got 132,000 on it now.
Old 03-03-2013, 08:28 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

also is there any way to diagnose this type of problem?
Old 03-04-2013, 04:08 AM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Re: 6.0 possible HPOP issue...

You can introduce shop air into the HPOP system and listen for leaks. If your dad works on any CAT or International engines this shouldn't be a problem for him since they use the same bsic system on some of them. If shields is close to you it may be easier to have them look at it.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.