almost everythings new and still no start - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-02-2013, 03:51 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
almost everythings new and still no start

ok to start with i have tried searching for a solution for my problem but have been unable to find a situation like mine, so sorry in advance.

I have an early 04 f250 so it still has the 03 engine. the truck has 137k miles. The truck has had all injectors replaced and blue spring upgrade last year. Just recently i did a new oil cooler and egr delete. The truck has an edge cts programmer on it but not programmed and has never been. The truck was running great with no issues and then just died on me one day....it was like someone turned the key off...no chugging, hesitation, or anything. The truck would not restart and I get no smoke or anything out the exhaust stacks. I bought a new FICM with the 52 volt upgrade cause i figured it was the issue, still no luck. So i also bought a new FICM harness and still nothing. Truck has new fuel filters also. What am I missing. It seems like the truck isnt getting fuel??? The pump on the frame rail does turn on when trying to start. Any ideas would be great!!! Thanks. Also I have NO CODES.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-02-2013, 04:04 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Could be IPR Valve. Mine ran great on a Sunday night come Monday no start. Had fuel, had oil, new filters. Pulled IPR Valve to check screen all looked good. Tried to check resistance on coil couldn't really determine anything. When I hooked 12VDC to it I got a small spark but the solenode would not energize. Replaced IPR valve and she fired right up. It could also be an oil leak on the high pressure side
Old 03-02-2013, 04:24 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

almost everythings new and still no start

On that year engine they had quick disconnects on the high pressure oil rails for the injectors. They tend to blow so if it isn't your ipr valve then it is probably a popped line.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Old 03-02-2013, 04:54 PM

Most definitely sounds HPO related. I've been there too, when it just shuts down with no signs. Crank it long enough and you should get the "low ICP while cranking" code
Old 03-02-2013, 05:53 PM

What is your injection pressure running?

MikeB
Old 03-03-2013, 06:43 PM

I've got a 2006 F250 6.0 that won't start. New ficm (with most recent program). New ICP sensor. ICP reads 40-55 PSI cranking. Do you think it's HPOP STC fitting. It ran great hot or cold. Started right up anytime. Stock motor. No leaks. What's an IPR valve and where is it located? I'm a diesel newb and love the truck but it won't start. I've got scan gauge 2 to check Sensors .
Old 03-03-2013, 07:05 PM

IPR Valve Injector Pressure Regulating Valve. I believe you need 500 PSI for truck to start. The IPR Valve is located underneath and behind the turbo. There are some real good videos on YouTube showing how to remove the turbo. Had mine out in about an hour it was my first time doing it and had to keep referring back to video. I knew it wasn't my HPOP, Dummy plugs, or up pipes all that had just been replaced less then a month prior. I had been getting Low Injector control pressure faults but had no way to test anything. Now I have AE and it helps tremendously. Hope this helps good luck
Old 03-04-2013, 03:28 AM

If you make, or buy an IPR socket, you dont have to remove the turbo. I made my IPR socket and the only thing I have to do is unfasten the Degas bottle. To make it easier after that you can take out the FICM but you dont have to
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.