FINALLY AN EASY WAY TO FIX HIGH PRESSURE OIL LEAKS - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-22-2013, 08:56 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
FINALLY AN EASY WAY TO FIX HIGH PRESSURE OIL LEAKS

WE RECENTLY HAD AND 05 F450 IN OUR SHOP THAT WAS DRIVING US INSANE, WHENEVER IT WAS HOT FROM HAULING LOADS IN THE DUMP BED IT WOULD NOT RESTART HOT, SO AFTER A PUMP, STANDPIPES, BRANCH TUBE AND EVERY OTHER O-RING ASSOCIATED WITH THE HIGH PRESSURE SYSTEM WE FOUND THAT ON THE DRIVERS SIDE, NUMBER 6 INJECTOR HAD MISSING BOLTS AND THE TOP OF THE INJECTOR WAS LOOSE ALLOWING OIL TO PASS, APPARENTLY TO MUCH WHEN IT WAS HOT. THE PROBLEM WITH FINDING THE LEAK WAS WHEN WE APPLIED SHOP AIR INTO THE PASSENGER SIDE OIL RAIL WERE THE SENSOR GOES THE CHECK VALVE IN THE STAND PIPE STOPPED THE AIR FROM REACHING THE OTHER SIDE AND ALLOWING US TO NOT FIND THE LEAK, OUR TECH FOUND THAT HIS OLD EMPLOYER HAS DEVELOPED AND PATENTED A LEAK TESTER THAT WORK THROUGH THE REGULATOR AND ALSO LETS YOU TEST THE PUMP AND SENSOR. THE ONLY PLACE I KNOW HE SELLS THESE IS ON E-BAY UNDER "FORD 6.0 TESTER" OR FROM HIS SHOP. I THOUGHT I WOULD SHARE THIS WITH EVERYONE TO MAYBE SAVE SOME TOOLS FROM BEING THROWN!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-22-2013, 07:10 PM
Powerstroke Techie

Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by AGIAUTO View Post
WE RECENTLY HAD AND 05 F450 IN OUR SHOP THAT WAS DRIVING US INSANE, WHENEVER IT WAS HOT FROM HAULING LOADS IN THE DUMP BED IT WOULD NOT RESTART HOT, SO AFTER A PUMP, STANDPIPES, BRANCH TUBE AND EVERY OTHER O-RING ASSOCIATED WITH THE HIGH PRESSURE SYSTEM WE FOUND THAT ON THE DRIVERS SIDE, NUMBER 6 INJECTOR HAD MISSING BOLTS AND THE TOP OF THE INJECTOR WAS LOOSE ALLOWING OIL TO PASS, APPARENTLY TO MUCH WHEN IT WAS HOT. THE PROBLEM WITH FINDING THE LEAK WAS WHEN WE APPLIED SHOP AIR INTO THE PASSENGER SIDE OIL RAIL WERE THE SENSOR GOES THE CHECK VALVE IN THE STAND PIPE STOPPED THE AIR FROM REACHING THE OTHER SIDE AND ALLOWING US TO NOT FIND THE LEAK, OUR TECH FOUND THAT HIS OLD EMPLOYER HAS DEVELOPED AND PATENTED A LEAK TESTER THAT WORK THROUGH THE REGULATOR AND ALSO LETS YOU TEST THE PUMP AND SENSOR. THE ONLY PLACE I KNOW HE SELLS THESE IS ON E-BAY UNDER "FORD 6.0 TESTER" OR FROM HIS SHOP. I THOUGHT I WOULD SHARE THIS WITH EVERYONE TO MAYBE SAVE SOME TOOLS FROM BEING THROWN!
if you didn't close off the ipr valve air will never reach the other bank just a fyi. The high pressure oil system if tested on one side needs 10 min or longer to push the oil through the other side if there is a leak on the other side! if the leak is on the side your testing you fix that leak and retest to get the air to the other side.
Old 02-24-2013, 12:53 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

HIGH PRESSURE LEAKS

I UNDERSTAND THAT I NEED TO CLOSE THE IPR VALVE, WHAT IM TRYING TO EXPLAIN TO HELP OTHERS IS THAT IF YOU LOOK AT NEWER STANDPIPES THEY HAVE A CHECK VALVE AND ONLY ALLOW YOU TO CHECK THE PASSENGERS SIDE OF THE ENGINE WHEN YOU PRESSURIZE THROUGH THE PRESSURE SENSOR PORT, I HAVE NOTICED THAT NOT ALL OF THEM COMPLETELY SEAL OFF IN THE STANDPIPE BUT A GOOD AMOUNT OF THEM WILL... FYI USING THE TOOL THAT WORKS THROUGH THE REGULATOR I WAS ABLE TO COMPLETELY CLOSE OF THE SYSTEM WITHOUT THE NEED OF APPLYING VOLTAGE TO IPR AND RISK DAMAGING IT OR USING A SCAN TOOL TO CLOSE IT OFF, PLUS I COULD CHECK THE PUMPS OPERATION WHICH I HAVE NEVER BEFORE SEEN A TOOL TO DO THIS UNTIL NOW
Old 02-24-2013, 03:20 PM
Powerstroke Techie

Quote:
Originally Posted by AGIAUTO View Post
I UNDERSTAND THAT I NEED TO CLOSE THE IPR VALVE, WHAT IM TRYING TO EXPLAIN TO HELP OTHERS IS THAT IF YOU LOOK AT NEWER STANDPIPES THEY HAVE A CHECK VALVE AND ONLY ALLOW YOU TO CHECK THE PASSENGERS SIDE OF THE ENGINE WHEN YOU PRESSURIZE THROUGH THE PRESSURE SENSOR PORT, I HAVE NOTICED THAT NOT ALL OF THEM COMPLETELY SEAL OFF IN THE STANDPIPE BUT A GOOD AMOUNT OF THEM WILL... FYI USING THE TOOL THAT WORKS THROUGH THE REGULATOR I WAS ABLE TO COMPLETELY CLOSE OF THE SYSTEM WITHOUT THE NEED OF APPLYING VOLTAGE TO IPR AND RISK DAMAGING IT OR USING A SCAN TOOL TO CLOSE IT OFF, PLUS I COULD CHECK THE PUMPS OPERATION WHICH I HAVE NEVER BEFORE SEEN A TOOL TO DO THIS UNTIL NOW
When you test through the icp port on a 03 to 07 you are testing the entire high pressure system with no check valve stoping anything! The check valves never close and not allow air to fully pressurize the entire system ever! The check valves are pulse arresters only. I'm not trying to debunk your analysis but it is not correct sir. If that happened to you the check valve in your standpipes where bad! It doesn't matter what point in the high pressure system I'm testing it will test the system at a whole!!! I don't want members here to get the wrong information this is why I posted here!!
Old 02-24-2013, 04:01 PM
Powerstroke Techie

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
which standpipes did you have? 2005s came with 04 style(square) or 05+ style(hex). Both have check valves but in different places.

The 05+ standpipe can be easily disassembled and you'll quickly see it's not what you think it is . It's not for drain back purposes but rather to subdue the oil pulses from the high pressure pump
Old 02-24-2013, 04:09 PM
Powerstroke Techie

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Also I like how the ebay seller types in all CAPS also
Old 02-24-2013, 04:27 PM
Powerstroke Techie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinner6.0L View Post
Also I like how the ebay seller types in all CAPS also
yep yep yep!!!!
Old 02-24-2013, 04:46 PM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
FINALLY AN EASY WAY TO FIX HIGH PRESSURE OIL LEAKS

Lol I was abt to say im pretty sure he is this eBay seller he is referring to

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
Old 02-24-2013, 06:38 PM
Banned

Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Nice try dude.
Old 02-24-2013, 06:58 PM
Vintage Nakamichi Powered

That is some FUNNY $HIT
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.