puking only on srl - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-17-2013, 05:17 AM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
puking only on srl

so about a week ago I randomly noticed my truck puking decided to switch to elc did that still puked even if I babied it or beat the crap outa it.seemed like one day it would puke the next day it wouldn't. put the truck back on the stock tune nothing didnt puke a thing. even went to get my bobcat in pa (12,000) at least and had my quad in the bed fine the whole time put the tune back in and it started to do it again confused like hell running fine no smoke codes nothing. and I don't have a moniter scan gauge crapped out any thoughts?? only thing I can think maybe there's something in the srl thts making it puke? or boil my coolant
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-17-2013, 05:20 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Send a message via Skype™ to kendallcschm
Quote:
Originally Posted by matt20 View Post
so about a week ago I randomly noticed my truck puking decided to switch to elc did that still puked even if I babied it or beat the crap outa it.seemed like one day it would puke the next day it wouldn't. put the truck back on the stock tune nothing didnt puke a thing. even went to get my bobcat in pa (12,000) at least and had my quad in the bed fine the whole time put the tune back in and it started to do it again confused like hell running fine no smoke codes nothing. and I don't have a moniter scan gauge crapped out any thoughts?? only thing I can think maybe there's something in the srl thts making it puke? or boil my coolant
maybe the SRL tune is just too hot.. did you egr delete?
Old 02-17-2013, 05:28 AM

Do the easy thing first and change the degas cap.
Old 02-17-2013, 05:35 AM

have the egr delete in the box waiting for my inspection up go through then delete & should I just go to ford for the new cap?
Old 02-17-2013, 07:01 AM
Vintage Nakamichi Powered

The tune advances the timing and raises the cylinder pressure too, odds are either the head gaskets or egr cooler is leaking.
I would change the cap first if you still have the cap with the white sticker on it they are junk and they all fail. Should be yellow and orange writing on it if it's the newer updated one from Ford.
A pressure gauge is best to see if combustion gasses are entering the cooling system.
Old 02-17-2013, 07:22 AM

my cap is still a white and black one so I need the updated one. last time I pulled my egr valve it was all dry soot not gooey or steam cleaned and my eot and ect were never 15* apart about 2 months ago when my scan gauge was still working. and I wasn't eating any coolant either on stock
Old 02-17-2013, 07:27 AM

Got my cap from Oriellys and seems to be doing fine
Old 02-17-2013, 08:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt20 View Post
have the egr delete in the box waiting for my inspection up go through then delete & should I just go to ford for the new cap?
How is your heater doing? is it making heat at idle, a common trait of head gaskets is no heat at idle.
Put a pressure gauge on the cooling system and give it wot inputs if it spikes in pressure there is a problem if not your good. Pressure should be around 9-11 psi.

It's very possible that your cap is the problem, the one with the white sticker on it is just plain garbage. The spring in it is very small and they all fail, the newer cap has a much bigger thermal spring and will hold up to 16 psi and more importantly do it for years. Put a new one on whether it's the new oem or a quality USA made one and see how you do, again if you have the original cap it's probably your problem.
Old 02-17-2013, 08:45 AM

i would just throw a pressure gauge on the cooling system and take it for a romp to see whats going on
Old 02-17-2013, 08:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZMANN View Post
i would just throw a pressure gauge on the cooling system and take it for a romp to see whats going on
Yep ^^^^Agree with that guy^^^^ lol really do joking aside.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.