Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

no oil pressure at idle, normal when driving

1K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  Scramblefish 
#1 ·
2005 f250 fx4 6.0 139, 000

I recently (about 500 miles) replaced oem oil cooler, ipr gen 2 egr delete, complete coolant flush (now using cat elc), ipr coolant filter, new oem thermostat, blue spring upgrade, stc upgrade, turbo oil drain upgrade, fuel filters, oil filter (2016 motorcraft), rotella synthetic oil, inter cooler boots, replaced plasstic intercooler tube with metal one, air raid air filter, installed edge insight in dash tray. After two days of work the truck took awhile to fire up but eventually stared. Ran upmto operating temp and everything looked great. (192ect-198eot). Been driving now a couple weeks and about 500 miles with zero issues. Yesterday out of nowhere at stoplight oil pressure guage dropped to 0. When I take off it goes back up.idle back to 0. Truck still ran good never got hot and still had power. Parked it over night and this morning it fired right up no problem. Drove to operating temps and still has power. I read a lot of forums last night on this issue and im more confused now. Yheres seems to be many possible issues with a whole plethra of different symptoms. Beside the obvious pressure sensor where should I start looking. Indont want to start throwing parts at this truck. I never had this issue before I touched that hpop and was maticulous about putting everything back together correctly and clean but I am human and might have done something wrong. Any and all help would be greatly appreciated. Im at my wits end with this thing and its a daily driver.

See less See more
#2 ·
Replace the sensor, odds are it's bad. That is a 7psi switch and if truck is running normal I doubt you have any issue.
Do you have gauges to check where your ICP/IPR values are at. If the IPR is in the normal % range and not closing up to maintain hpo pressure it's getting it's oil and it is a faulty sender.

BTW what part of Calif you in?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.