Injector Life Expectancy??? Techies comments - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-11-2007, 09:20 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Injector Life Expectancy??? Techies comments

We have ultra ULSD here in Oz (Australia) with only 10ppm sulpher for instance....

The BP Techies I have talked to claim they have an added "lubricity" agent in the diesel.. Any thought on Clay Henry's advice to add a litre of vegetable oil per tankful (kidding or not) Or the talk of a litre of two stroke per tankful...

If it is a couple of 100,000 with stock injectors, you would not worry about it.. So what is the vote Techies? I don't like the idea that the 6.4 is battling for fuel mileage, so the 6.0 might be a long term Soulmate

Regards. LR in Oz...............
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-16-2007, 06:52 PM

Bump.....

Guys, I can't get all the fancy injector lube stuff out here on the Frontier... so what is the overall accepted feeling about adding a litre of vegetable oil or two stroke oil to get more injector lube per tankful....

Don't know that I even need it, but if it does no harm is this a widely acceptable norm?

When I look at the cost of injectors...... I want to make sure...!!
Old 12-16-2007, 06:55 PM
Banned

see if you can get stanadyne or go to your ford supplier and see if they can get the ford cetane booster.....

the veggie might now blend well with the diesel when its cold....so you might eventually build a high content of veggie on top of the fuel....id be leary of that......same with the two stroke oil, plus it could have mild solvents in it...
Old 12-16-2007, 06:57 PM

Hell man send me an address and I will ship you a couple casses of powerservice, or better yet hook you up with a buddy that owns a Napa auto parts store and he will have the stuff direct shipped to you.
Old 12-16-2007, 06:58 PM

Thank you Mark, I thought the Cetane Booster was performance burn... I was not thinking of injector lube.... I will look for that.... Regards from Oz..... C'me on down, I will buy you a real beer or three...
Old 12-16-2007, 07:04 PM

Hey Big Tone, thank you for that...
It would be a great Idea if you did not mind the effort!!! It would have to go Air Mail, and tape the bottle lids shut with electric tape so it did not leak...

My address is on our Website at Bushtracker - Real caravans for the outback ..... I have 50 men working at Bushtracker, and would be happy to get you a check in American Dollars... But I did not want to put anyone out..

Exotics like my 6.0 Effie are rare here, all we got was the Brazilian Build 7.3 4R100 basic truck up through 2006...

If you are in the business, and do not mind the bother, I am happy to pay. Just a bit concerned about injector lube... It would have to go Air Mail.. or it is about three months by boat..

Either way, thank you Guys for the effort.... I love my King Ranch "Effie" as they call them here.
Old 12-16-2007, 07:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Tone View Post
Hell man send me an address and I will ship you a couple casses of powerservice, or better yet hook you up with a buddy that owns a Napa auto parts store and he will have the stuff direct shipped to you.
You know Big Tone, that is an outstanding idea... Hook me up with your Buddy and I can give him Credit Card details... Could get other goodies as well... This PowerService stuff, I assume is the same as what Marc was talking about?? I have heard talk of these things, but thought it was about burn performance, not injector lube... Regards from Oz...

Actually I have this cool invention, 2 cents a minute, international calls through my Laptop, called SkyPE.... If you can post a phone number..
Thanks Guys, Beer is on me, come on down to a Horsemans Paradise......
Old 12-16-2007, 07:16 PM

Sent you a pm.
Old 01-10-2008, 06:54 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

I use and sell Power Service more for cold weather as I do not use winter diesel fuel blends. I did not know that it helped lubricate. what I do know and use is a product called ca40g and we sell a hell of alot of it. go to CMH Industries, Inc. it increases lubriticity in fuel 300 o/o. as well as increasing fuel mileage. I manage a family owned farm machinery dealership in North Dakota Used Tractors-Farm Equipment-Combines-Case IH-New Holland-Lelm Implement-ND when we first started selling it I was hesitant in using it in my F250 but after seeing the tests and customers raving about incease in fuel economy I use it in every tank and have increased fuel mileage 11 0/0 many of the test's were done at Cummins in Fargo N.D. I just wonder how long till BP buys the company out and you won't see it again.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.