06 Pasture Ornament - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-06-2007, 10:00 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Thumbs down 06 Pasture Ornament

New to the site. Great site! Spent hours checking out all the info. on the 6L. Desperately looking for some answers and what others have gone thru with one of the "bad 6L". In hopes that someone out there will change my perspective on diesel. I purchased a new 06 6L in April 06. It was great for the first 12K miles but in the last 15K it has seen the shop more than the road. I travel a lot and can rack up the miles about 1K per week. It broke down in May 07 the truck died while I was driving on the highway at 70mph in rush hour traffic and would not start, this was not the first time it happened! I finally got it back in late July 07 and it has been my pasture ornament since Aug 07. I had to put something in my pasture since I got rid of the horses because I had nothing to haul them with anymore. Took the money to hire an attorney and yes bought another Ford truck not a diesel tho. That's a HUGE change. Ford is NOT getting away with this one! Don't get me wrong I love Ford and have owned many but they need to own up to this one. I sure regret trading my 7.3 for the 6.0 yard ornament, but it was time it had 250K miles on it. As a matter of fact all the diesel's I have owned I have owned them until 200K or more. The 6L has had the following replaced and currrently has 50K on it.... 5-Fuel injectors, pump 3 times, turbo twice, glo plugs, EGR, oil leaks, fuel leaks.... I could gone on and on - but lost track. Been to 3 dealerships. Got it back from the 2nd one that had it for 29 days and drove it the next day 75 miles away to the one I purchased it from. The previous one left 30 bolts off the truck, talk about dealership nightmares. They pointed some of them out when I dropped the truck off. Needless to say everything the previous one did had to be replaced. But the truck still takes forever to start, still does not have any power and if you hit a bump it feels like the truck is going to fall apart and throws you into another lane. For those looking at a 6.0 I would say NO WAY. I just found out that my 2006 has the 2003 6L in it, ouch!!!!! - I have no faith in the ford or the diesel techs in my area and have lost all confidence in Ford's customer service. I guess if all else fails I'm selling the house with the awesome looking yard ornament and moving to town! I wonder if I can include it in the selling price:0

Country girl all tuckered out with the Ford 6L!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-06-2007, 10:07 PM
im fat and ugly

1st of all welcome to the site

i sure hate to hear these horror stories and i hope you get them resolved, i do hope you and your lawyer get what you deserve out of ford
Old 12-07-2007, 02:49 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
If you have an 06 with an 03 6.0L in it you have a major problem. Somebody switched motors. Who told you you have an 03 motor in it? Where are you located? Maybe we can point you to a better dealership to help you get your truck straightened out. It sounds to me like whoever has been working on your truck doesn't have a clue about a 6.0L engine.
Old 12-07-2007, 04:20 AM
Is it even worth it???

Send a message via AIM to ABOBB Send a message via Yahoo to ABOBB
Welcome to Powerstroke.org

I'm sorry to hear you've had such a bad time with your truck. Every company has "lemons" from time to time... sounds like you may have gotten one of those. There are also "lemon" dealers and techs... so on the other hand you may have an ok truck but have a bad dealer, bad tech, or both!!!

Hang around here for a day or two.. be specific with the problems you've had...and there are some guys who will do as much as they can to get things straight for ya!!!
Old 12-07-2007, 05:42 AM
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Blue01F250 Send a message via Yahoo to Blue01F250
it'd be hard to believe there is an '03 motor in a truck you bought new in '06....

... unless one of those dealerships thought they'd pull a fast one and swap motors..
Old 12-07-2007, 12:22 PM

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
if it was new, and it has an 03 motor you should no isue with a lemon law.
Old 12-07-2007, 02:12 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Thanks for the responses and of course for letting me vent. I wish I had good news instead!

I would have to write a book to explain everything I have been told to do and not to do. The last two things the dealership informed me of was not to haul anything. Duh, that's what the truck was made for or did I buy it so my horses could haul the truck. That's like cowboy boots as a fashion statement - use them for what they were made for. Wow! I thought that was the last straw until I was recently "told" by the dealership that it had an 03 engine in it and to not use BP diesel. (Um...Ford reccommends BP and it is on the fuel cap, try another story, it's not the fuel). Am I suppose to believe it has an 03 engine in it after I was told not to haul anything or use BP fuel, sorry I wasn't clear on that one. Didn't mean to leave you all hanging. They handed my keys and said sorry there is nothing we can do. There is nothing wrong with your truck because codes are not coming up. When I started the truck to leave the dealership none of the gauges would work, it died, it would crank but not start again. I tossed my keys to the mechanic and said I no there is nothing wrong with it and you will find no codes. They kept it for another couple days, said they put an additive in the fuel system. Gave me a bottle and told me to use this everytime I fill up (which was the only thing on the "warranty" paperwork they gave me - they just replaced the trubo, fuel injectors, lines, pump, etc). You can only buy this additive from Ford and it cost an extra $5.00 every 400 miles. So I left with the truck and my bottle of miracle cure - had it floored the entrie 75 miles home at a top speed of 60mph downhill with a good wind.

I would love for FORD to "fix" it. But it's obvious that is not going to happen. I really don't believe it was all a manufacturing problem. The parts that were replaced did not fix the vehicle so I believe the mechanic did not know what he was doing and he is "Certified by Ford". He could never get it started and once he did something else went wrong and I never got the power back. One bad experience out of 8 trucks is not bad but it leaves a very bad lasting impression and makes me gun shy, don't want to go thru this again. Especially with no competent diesel mechanics locally (under ford warranty, that is!). I could take it and DUMP thousands more in it to get it fixed right without going thru Ford but I believe they are responsible for this yard ornament. Maybe after all this is settled I will be back with lots of positve comments or the next one will be built from the ground up:-)
Old 12-07-2007, 02:20 PM
Learning the 6.0 game…...

Like my great-great-great-great-great grandpappy said "you can't buy miracles in a bottle"

My hunting partner has a '07 and is really happy with it. Maybe your rig was halfway through the assembly line, everyone went to lunch, came back and missed a few things.
Old 12-07-2007, 02:23 PM
<<---"Shadow"---

Send a message via Yahoo to sea71
WELCOME to the site. Sorry for your dealings with that truck. Hope all works out somehow.
Old 12-07-2007, 03:15 PM

You are definately encountering some serious dealer BS ! I would not be surprised if they are also treating you differantly cuz your female along with them not knowing their a$$ from a hole in the ground and probably do not read any of the TSB's.
To start with , i would wonder seriously if they have read about the chaffing wiring harness issue ,first and foremost.
I suspect the main root cause of the problem was the first dealer ...the second and third
are treating it as a "sticky issue" I hope you know a good lawyer and have kept all service docs.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.