Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Whole truck is bouncing

1K views 11 replies 5 participants last post by  DT620 
#1 ·
When I first start up my truck and start driving it starts bouncing up and down. I recently got Matt's SRL and think it might be my oil isn't warm enough for the injectors at that point. Once my temps get a little Warner it stops and runs great. I could be completely wrong and any input would be great.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

#7 · (Edited)
My truck is a bit bouncy when it's real cold it's worse. lol Once my 38" tires warm up and get round again it's fine, can't wait till summer :)

Sounds like you have a severe case of stiction, what oil are you using??
5W/40 will surely help but not so sure enough ? strange thread ??? ? ?

#8 ·
I'm using Rotella T. I think it's 15w40 but not 100% sure, I'd have to check my bottles when I get home in the morning. I've thought about trying revx to help out and a fresh oil change.

#10 ·
Come on......so stiction will make the truck bounce down the road, lol? I'd love to see a video of this.

Sent from my phone that somebody didn't help me get.

#12 ·
After the truck is warmed up there is no bounce at all. I can go from a stand still back to 60 and it doesn't hop at all. Ill see if I can get a video tomorrow when I go to pick my boy up from school.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.