6.006 6.0 no start - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-04-2013, 05:14 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
6.006 6.0 no start

Ok guys here is my problem I had a hot no start problem. The truck would run perfect once running. So i decided to replace the dummy plugs when I got them removed the lower orings were worn badly. Thought that was it but got everything back together drove for a bit to get the air out. Shut it off tried to restart with no luck started it the next day and drove to a shop I use to work at. I hoomed up the scanner while it was running and icp read 585psi while idling didnt wanna shut off cause the starting issue does that sound normal.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-04-2013, 05:18 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

If the sct fitting is bad doesn't the truck run poorly? Cause once its running it runs lime normal im not gettin a check engine light or anything. What else could be the issue?
Old 02-04-2013, 06:32 PM
Powerstroke Techie

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
not always, STCs can do the weirdest of things. Hot no start is pretty characteristic
Old 02-04-2013, 06:41 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Well I jist went out and checked icp pressure via icp voltage and im only getting .31v while cranking and i read it needs .80v to start. Is there a way to tell if it is the sct fitting? Could a ipr cause this as well? Is there a way to test the ipr?
Old 02-04-2013, 07:48 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

It would be nice to know the reading of the IPR before testing the system with air. Since we don't know what year your truck is, the test point is different. If your's is an 06, you can hook air up to the ICP port fairly easily with an adapter. With the proper tool, you can command the IPR closed (almost) or you can hook up 12v power momentarily to the IPR with wires. Read up on what you need to do to test for a potential HPO leak before you start into it. If you don't have a monitor, it would be a good idea to get one. If you are planning on doing the repair yourself, get the Autoenginuity with Ford bundle. It will be the best $360 you spend!
Old 02-04-2013, 07:55 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Well my truck is a 06 got the adapter to pressurize at the icp port already gonna close the ipr tomorrow with 12v power and listen for leaks at the stc. I changed the dummy plugs a few days ago since I had them already hoping that was the fix cause when I got the plugs out the oring was worn badly.
Old 02-05-2013, 04:55 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Ok guys im stumped I supllied air to the icp port and tried closing the ipr by inserting pins directly into the wire harness that goes to the ipr + to the red wire and - to the yellow with red tracer and connected them to the battery but I got no change in the air escaping from both valve covers. Does this mean my ipr is bad?
Old 02-05-2013, 05:55 PM
Powerstroke Techie

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
usually yes, as long as you aren't supplying power/ground to the wrong wires, I don't know offhand
Old 02-05-2013, 06:02 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Well I guess im gonna pull the ipr tomorrow and check it out if I supply power to it on the bench should I see or hear it move?
Old 02-05-2013, 06:59 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Red wire B+; Yellow/red is ground. Seems like you did it correctly. You should hear the air change its flow. Without all the background noise you should hear a slight click indicating it is closing when you apply power. If you hook it up backward, it apparently will not work. It is a coil, so for it to not work, it must be grounded when installed in the motor.

Last edited by twoicebergs; 02-05-2013 at 07:15 PM. Reason: more info
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.