new 6.0 owner - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-26-2007, 08:02 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
new 6.0 owner

Ok im looking to be a 6.0 owner pretty soon...... Im wondering what percentage of trucks actually have major "6.0" problems like some do. My buddies had to bring the lemon law into effect with his 05. Just looking I guess how many of you have had major and reacuring problems with em? THANKS GUYS
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-26-2007, 08:04 PM
Premium Member

No problems with mine so far and i love it! We usually only hear about the problems on the internet and not the ones that are out on the road workin great.
Old 11-26-2007, 08:11 PM
<<< 6.4 Powersmoke

i also love mine, have had minor problems in 7 months of owning it. 1 injector, i think from some bad diesel i put through it, some other minot things. But a wonderful truck for the most part!
Old 11-27-2007, 04:25 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

yea...... we usually hear about vehicle that just go bad not about the ones that run because running isnt an option with a 40k truck..... its a neccessity..........
Old 11-27-2007, 05:01 AM
Slacker

Feedback Score: 4 reviews
I have had some problems that are typical of the 6.0's, but I love my truck... At first, it was a very frustrating experience, but now that I've learned a few things, it's quite different. The best part is to be informed so that you don't get the runaround from the dealership! These forums are very powerful.
Old 11-27-2007, 05:13 AM
<--Pro Cooler Racer

Send a message via Skype™ to DKR
Bought Nov 06...25000+ miles since...SCT tuned since March...Nothing major yet...(knocking on wood)
Old 11-27-2007, 05:26 AM

My first was an 04 the only time it went back 3 times was a short in the wiring harness. So when you would take off it would stall. Finally found it. Traded that in on the 06,Seems that the mian issue wiyh 6.0L is the fuel injectors. This one only has 10,000 on it. But got such a deal on it could not refuse to get the new one. I have run my 04 at -27 degrees at 75 mph pulling a 20ft snowmobile trailer without a hicup. Does much better at fuel ecom than my gas truck did. 10 to 11 gas compared to 14 to16 diesel. Even thou diesel is higher than gas would not go back. $100.00 to fill up yesterday 3.50 per gallon.
Old 11-27-2007, 06:12 AM
Premium Member

I love my truck, however my Turbo was replaced at 60K and i've had a few EGR issues, my AC control unit died at 50K. My wife has had a few issues with her F350. All in all no truck is perfect, we like the Ford Design, interior and ride. IMO the Dodge is a POS with a great engine under the hood and the Chevy's just dont do it for me.
When someone builds a perfect truck I promise I will be the first in line to get it. Till then I am sticking with Ford.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.