6.0 no start when Hot and some other ?'s - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-26-2013, 05:51 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
6.0 no start when Hot and some other ?'s

I've had this truck for about a week. IT started at about 13 above 0 and it's been colder than that here so i've been plugging in. It starts and runs fine.

TODAY I drove it almost 2 hours straight on the NYS Thruway at 75 average. When I pulled off the interstate and shut it off it started really hard. Had to put my foot to the floor while cranking. Once it cooled down it fired up quick and easy. After the drive home it won't start. Waiting for it to cool down with my fingers crossed.

What do you guys think is the issue here?

EGR is deleted. NO cat, no muffler.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-26-2013, 05:53 PM

Another thing is this thing seems to run king=d of cold. THe temp gauge is usually at the very low end of the normal operating range no matter how long I run it for.
Old 01-26-2013, 06:20 PM

probably an hpo leak. you'll need a monitor on it when the no start is occurring. view engine icp while cranking. if it's below 550psi cranking, there is most likely a leak.

does cabin heat work well? or is it cool as well? if it is cool, replace the thermostat

Last edited by kaya@bernhausen; 01-26-2013 at 06:24 PM.
Old 01-26-2013, 07:32 PM
Premium Member

When my ICP went out it did the exact same thing!
Old 01-30-2013, 04:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaya@bernhausen View Post
probably an hpo leak. you'll need a monitor on it when the no start is occurring. view engine icp while cranking. if it's below 550psi cranking, there is most likely a leak.

does cabin heat work well? or is it cool as well? if it is cool, replace the thermostat
I am going to run it hard for about an hour down the interstate and head to my mechanics for a scan and to replicate it at his shop.

It has heat in the cab. The gauge just usually hangs at the low end of the normall range.

The truck is getting unfreindly on colder (under 25) starts when not plugged in. Truck also feels like it is shaking whewn going down the road cold. Engine shake almost like it tries to shut of for a split second then kicks back in. Kind of bucks a little.

Really not likeing the 6.0. Miss my 7.3. That thing was bullet proof and had way more power.

Also, how much boost do these make in stock trim?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.