coolant leak - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-25-2007, 06:30 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
coolant leak

I have noticed a coolant leak under my truck. Its an 03 psd with 163k miles. Ive noticed a small residue around the cap on the coolant tank. I am wondering if the coolant leak is egr cooler or egr line. I also have to replace the icp sensor so if i need to replace cooler i am going to wait about sensor since ill be removing the turbo. The anitfreeze level has gone down very slowly over the last 5 months id say i havent had to add any but its at the add mark now. At first i assumed headgaskets but now i am thinking cooler cause ive got all this antifreeze on the bottom of the engine. Also the icp may not be the problem ive got the low icp pressure low code, truck will not start, im wondering if it could be the hpop. Id like to know so i can change all these parts at one time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-25-2007, 06:54 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

ive just found coolant leak its the orange hose under the turbo. looks like the turbo will have to be removed to fix?
Old 11-25-2007, 09:18 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

I have the exact same problem. This weekend I removed the turbo to change the hose and I am going to change the ICP sensor too because I think I have an oil leak from it. Pain in the rear end.
Old 11-27-2007, 05:18 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

I am going to take my icp and ipr and try them in a truck at work and see if there bad that way. If there good its more than likely my hpop. Luckily the trucks at work have a doghouse for easy acess to the rear of the engine.
Old 11-27-2007, 05:50 AM
ADMIN AND TECH

the turbo doesnt have to come off to fix it , take the cac tube off that side , and remove the two torx bit screws out of the housing , pry carefully up and the whole thing will come off , reinstall the new hose and reinstall the housing as a unit
Old 11-27-2007, 07:17 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

good to know...unfortunately, 2 days too late.
Old 11-27-2007, 09:13 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCUFFY828 View Post
the turbo doesnt have to come off to fix it , take the cac tube off that side , and remove the two torx bit screws out of the housing , pry carefully up and the whole thing will come off , reinstall the new hose and reinstall the housing as a unit
Ive got too take the icp and ipr off one is bad hopefully if not then the hpop is, so i figured with the turbo off ill just change the leaking hose then. And since i am going to check the sensors in a test truck at work which has a doghouse for rear access, it will be just that much more taken off if my hpop is bad. Besides i couldnt even feel the icp valve and just barely see the ipr. Looks like id be time ahead removing the turbo.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.