YOU'VE GOT TO BE KIDDING ME!!! - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-22-2007, 09:23 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
YOU'VE GOT TO BE KIDDING ME!!!

I'm been a ford man all my life, I've owned in the nieghborhood of 12 Ford trucks. This truck has to be the biggest hunk of junk I've ever owned. I'm sorry to have to say that, but the crap never ends with this thing. I have a 2004 Ford f-250 supercrew FX4 Short bed. The truck rolled off the Ford Line on 02/04. I should have checked the work history on this truck before I bought it, but no use in crying over spilt milk.
When I brought it home I thought I just got the steal of a lifetime, come to find out I just got the biggest screwing I've ever taken in my life. LMAO!
Things started going south in my first 1000 miles. The engine started idling rough, up and down from 600rpm to 1200rpm. I took it into Ford and they couldn't find a thing. They said the work history showed the egr valve was just replace 1500 miles ago, imagine that. I asked them about the ICP sensor, and they said dont think so. So I left the dealership with no fix, but they did update the computer. Which did stop the injectors from cycling after shutdown. They asked me when I was in there if I had heard any sqeeking under the hood and I said no why? They showed that the truck and been taken in 6 times for the sqeeking noise under the hood and that the serptine belt had been replaced 4 times and the front shroud twice. I said well it must be fixed because I don't hear a thing. Well that was a bad thing to say because I just jinksed myself. 1000 miles later, the sqeeking is load as ever. Pretty bad having to pull up somewhere and a woman says to me, is that noise normal! Thats how obvious it is. So now I having this noise going on and rough idling up and down. This is all going on with outside temperture of 70 degrees or hotter. Winter temps came around here overnight, and the idling surging disappeared as quickly as it appeared. What does that mean? I have no idea. The sqeeking noise stayed though and is going full bore. I torn about taking the truck in because now they wont be able to find the surging problem because its cool out now, but the noise under the hood is driving me nuts. So I guess I'm going to have to spend 100 dollars twice. My brother bought a 2005 psd f-350 4x4 supercrew longbed. He has no problems, and it just disgust me!

Anybody have any idea what the hell is going on here?
I've had it, 26000 dollars shouldn't buy you this crap!
The truck only has 47000 miles on it.
Help me please!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-22-2007, 09:27 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

oh yeah

ANOTHER THING IS I BOUGHT THIS TRUCK TO PULL MY 34 FOOT 5TH WHEEL OUT WEST ON A 2500 TRIP WITH MY 3 KIDS.
I'M SUPPOSED TO DUE THAT WITH THIS TRUCK?
IT WILL NEVER MAKE IT!!!
Old 11-22-2007, 09:31 AM
I don't know nuttin....

Your problems sound trivial at best...not like you got major engine troubles but you do need to find a reputable dealer and mechanic to look at it. Some dealers are just clueless and they will drive you crazy with the run around.
Just try a different dealer in a different town maybe.
Old 11-22-2007, 09:34 AM
duct tape & zip ties

Send a message via Yahoo to bigcountrysg
It is under warranty still. Let the experts fix it. I suggest you ask around your area. Find out which dealer has the best diesel tech. Then take your truck there. Another thing you can do is contact a lawyer about lemon law suit.
Old 11-22-2007, 09:36 AM

If it is a squeeking noise it isn't the belt. Check the accessory pulleys. The bearing gets dry sometimes so a dash of silicone lubricant or WD-40 at the center will put the squeeking to rest. I have done this before and it works fine.
Old 11-22-2007, 09:40 AM
I don't know nuttin....

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigcountrysg View Post
Another thing you can do is contact a lawyer about lemon law suit.
Over a squeek?

Old 11-22-2007, 09:44 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Send a message via MSN to Jesse.James
yeah it doesnt sound like you have any major issues. im sure another dealer can help you out, i know around here there a certain dealers that noone deals with and others that are really cool.
Old 11-22-2007, 10:36 AM
Slacker

Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Surging is a pretty common symptom and I've heard that some folks had their ICP replaced and the problem went away...
Old 11-22-2007, 11:18 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by powerstrokin87 View Post
yeah it doesnt sound like you have any major issues. im sure another dealer can help you out, i know around here there a certain dealers that noone deals with and others that are really cool.

Don't be too quick to discount that squeak. My truck did the same thing when it was cold. They changed EVERYTHING that ran off the front of the crank. All pulleys, belts, both alternators.... everything. They couldn't figure it out. Told me to wait until a service bulletin showed up on it. Two years later and still no clue. Once it got close to 36000 I was afraid it be my problem then so I brought it in. I told 'em to keep it until they fixed it. A month and a half later they figured it out. My crank bearings were so out of thrust tolerance (front to back) that it was allowing the flywheel to eat into the rear of the block. Yeah so that squeek was metal to metal. They ended up changing the motor. You might want to check inside the bell housing for a pound or so of iron shavings. Supposedly, that was what gave them the clue because my truck actually ran good. I would definately try another dealer since they reprogrammed the injectors to stop cycling. Supposedly that is the latest flash, so why would they be going backwards?
Old 11-22-2007, 11:29 AM
LTJDS

Thumbs up You are Only As.......

You Need 2 FIND a Different Diesel Tech. Have an OASIS report Done To shed light on the possible corrections that have been made to no avail. This should give you and your 3rd party Diesel Mech a Decent Head Start. Many Times if you ask enough people, (The Right People) You will get An Excellent Answer from Experience from similar repair histories or similar diagnosis.
03's-04's were known to have problems with their Main Wire Harness ???
And The Squeaking can be either a bad Idler or Accessory Pulley, or the Belt Tension Assembly. GOOD LUCK

PS: Whatever your 3rd Party Mechanic says can be brought up as a possible solution for a warranty repair at a better Dealership. Also Check all TSB's (Technical Service Bulletins) on your VIN # (Vehicle Identification Number).
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.