Trouble codes p0401, p0275, and p0341. Please help! - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-19-2013, 11:03 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Trouble codes p0401, p0275, and p0341. Please help!

I have a 2004 ford 6.0 completely stock except for superchip flashpaq tuner. I pulled the codes on it and this is wat I got. P0401 exhaust gas recirculation insuff detected and p0275 cylindar 5 contibutional/balance fault. The p0341 camshaft pos sens circ perf (bank1/sens1) It runs with a rough idle and wen cold bucks at 60mph and up. i feel a huge loss off power and hesitates wen i get on the throttle. My EGR valve went out in 2010 and I had a buddy that worked at ford get the ends welded up and put it back in as a deleter. Was I wrong for going that route? Could it be a sensor? As for the p275 cylinder 5 code. Could that be my #5 injector? I find a lot of good threads about these codes but I always end up lost. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com Free App
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-20-2013, 09:29 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

first check for excessive blow by.
if none, try disconnecting the #5 injector. see if idle remains the same. there is a good chance the injector is bad. occasionally, they do fail on these trucks lol. especially during colder climates
Old 01-20-2013, 01:52 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Thank you for the good feedback. What's the best way to check for blow by? Through the oil fill cap? Compression test? Once I do check, how do i tell if its the piston, or head gaskets, or ect...

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com Free App
Old 01-20-2013, 04:50 PM

just use the oil fill cap method. check first. then we can worry about where it's coming from
Old 01-24-2013, 03:11 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

So I got good news. No smoke no vapor and no pressure of any kind coming out of the fill cap. So now my next step would be testing the injector? I ordered a cam sensor for the p0341 code but I could not find the specific location to of the sensor. They say on the 04 6.0 it's right below the p/s pump. Any ideas or photos? I greatly appreciate all the help.

Thanks, Doc

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Old 01-24-2013, 04:09 PM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Re: Trouble codes p0401, p0275, and p0341. Please help!

First, the egr code is probably cause you have essentially deleted the egr, the cam/crank code is likely from rough idle, or erratic starup, I wouldn't rip it out just yet. If your vin has "4ea" in it you have an early ficm, and it is possible to drop a single injector. It appears that you do not have a decent monitor, I highly suggest getting a monitor. Load test your batteries amd perform the ficm check procedure COLD to eliminate that as a potential problem. Make sure you are running motorcraft or racor filters with oem cap only, and a good quality oil. It may be worth your time to check your fuel filters and fuel pressure also. Do you have the updated fpr blue spring? Here is where you can check the fuel pressure, with a 12x1.5mm adaper on the side of the fpr......
I would also check the harness for chafing, and make sure your ficm connectors are seated. I'm sure i'm forgetting something......lol.

Sent from my phone that somebody didn't help me get.
Old 01-24-2013, 04:14 PM
Premium Member

Monitoring........Write Up: Monitoring the 6.0L PSD.

Old 01-24-2013, 05:22 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Yes my vin does have the 4ea in it. And as well I forgot to mention. A couple months ago I had my FICM repaired cause all my injectors were reading low. But right after that is when these codes popped up. As in monitors, what are some good ones. And how much would one run me?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Old 01-24-2013, 05:28 PM
Premium Member

If your ficm was bad, and you didn't test the batts, it's possible your ficm was damaged again. Bad batts kill ficms, quick. I have an edge cts, $320+. You can pickup a scanguage II at autozone for $160. Also, you should put your truck back to stock, amd evaluate it from there, not so sure your choice of tuner is best for the 6.0.

Old 01-24-2013, 07:51 PM

bad ficm or wiring fault will usually set a circuit code. good chance when the ficm went south, it took the injector with it
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.