Low ICP after Injector removal/replacement - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-19-2013, 06:55 AM
Serving Our Country!

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Low ICP after Injector removal/replacement

Back Again.

I had the lowest O-Ring (the white one) on my #4 injector to blow. After replacing the O-rings/Copper on the injector and cleaning the injector and bore hole, we replaced the injector and now she wont start.

I'm only getting 299 psi on my ICP with my livewire.

We replaced the standpipe oil tube (crankcase to head) when we reinstalled the HPOP rail but we didn't replace the dummy tube because we didn't remove it.

She would crank before this happened, even with the injector blowing fuel into the cylinder.

Question: Does anyone know if it is possible to screw up the installation of this standpipe tube? i.e. can the plastic back-up ring not compress properly? The whole standpipe was dipped in a gallon jug of T6 Rotella before we installed her. If not, what could be the problem with my low HPOP?

Also, Is it necessary to replace the internal o-ring at the top of the injector (where the HPOP Rail nipple slides into the injector) when removing/reinstalling the oil rail? We didn't but the injectors are fresh off a rebuild from Warren Diesel so I didn't think that was necessary.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-19-2013, 07:32 AM
Bump To Pass!!

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
The simple way to figure it out is to pull the valve cover on the side you worked on and removed the ICP sensor and supply shop air to the system. This will show you where the leak is. You should close the IPR as well but with a leak that big you should be able to find it. The dummy plugs have been updated as well I would get one and put it in if you open the valve cover again.
Old 01-19-2013, 07:58 AM
Serving Our Country!

Thanks Toren302. Great idea. The updated dummy plugs were installed when the injectors were rebuilt. Is there any need to replace them if they weren't removed from the HPOP rail?
Old 01-19-2013, 08:19 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

You may have damaged the o-ring in top of a injector when reseating the oil rail back on.
Old 07-14-2013, 05:48 PM
Serving Our Country!

Update on this, just because I hate when people don't provide any explanation of what was really wrong.

The problem was the o-ring that connects the high pressure oil rail to the high pressure oil pump at the rear of the motor. We pulled the motor to replace this o-ring and while it was out, we went ahead and replaced all of the injector sleeves too.

She's been making me money ever since.
Old 07-14-2013, 05:51 PM
Bump To Pass!!

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Good to hear...Thanks for posting the solution as well.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.