Hello all... I'm glad to say i bought my first 2004 powerstroke with 140k...nice upgrade from my 98 mustang gt for ohio winters ha
Little backround info.....truck has egr delete and edge programmer with all the goodies, leveling kit and 35's.
My back round.....Fix airplanes for a living and work on cars every weekend for the last 8 years it a love hate relationship as we all can agree to
I have a few questions and before i get to asking i want eveyone to know i've done hours of research and just looking for more details on the matters.
1. Guy i bought it from put autozone 50/50 coolant in her and ran it like this for the last 2k miles, i plan of dumping it and putting ford gold in and i have all the info on how to do so. My question comes to the forum of do i need to use distilled water or can i use water filter'd with a britta filter? my second question is do i have to run sc-12 i believe its called ASAP after a change orar can i drive for a week without it untill it arives in the mail?
2. I have a oil leak in/around my turbo valley....yes i've read of a sensor that leaks and turbo o-rings and such that can. The leak right under the turbo i plan on washing off everything that is oily and making it shine to see were it coming from. Now my question is do i buy OEM o-ring or gasket that is bad?
3. rear pinion seal leaks also is it as simple as buying a new seal, prying the old one out and installing the new one or is there more inside the diff that i must attend to?
4. My heat works but its not put your 2 yr old in the truck and go driving with 15o weather out side....she reads slightly under the min level on the degass bottle by mabe 1-2 centameters....yes i've read this could be the problem and i will attend to that once the flush is complete, she blows a little hotter with the high idle turned on, i've also read it could be headgaskets going UGHHHH, is the bubble test a good indication to go buy even with a egr delete? Any more ideas on this and better testing rule out head gaskets(there is no white residue near degrass or on and no signs or smells of coolant puke or any smoke even on 28o outside temp starts or driving.
5. When taking her out for 4wd sometimes it takes 10-20 seconds or so for it to disengage is this normal? Vac leak im assuming?
6. My battery light comes on and off randomly but battery volts when truck runs is 12.8 ish....alternator was told is fairly new....any input to fix this? also what is the alternator post to output volt wise directly from the out post on it. Batteries also less than year old.
Sure im forgetting more but i will be back....any help is great.