Head Gaskets.? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-16-2013, 07:35 AM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Head Gaskets.?

So i have an 04. 6.0l i just fixed the truck, replaced the oil cooler, turbo drain pipe and a few more little things, also added a coolant filter. new degas bottle but reused old cap.

i heard pressure hissing from the old cap figured it was bad got a new one. and no more hissing or puking.

so a few day ago i took her out and got down on her, pull in the driveway. look at the bottle, no coolant puked and i got on it if it was gonna puke it would have then, week later i check the bottle again and noticed a small amount of coolant looks running from the cap. i went turned the cap to see if it was loose and it just started hissing and losing pressure. when the truck running. is my cap bad, or was my cooling system over pressurized,
i hope its a bad cap, and there was not a lot of coolant but there was some that puked out, the coolant level stays the same, and i never noticed it puking till then. like i said i even got down on it and it didnt puke 1 drop.

should i get a new cap again and see if it helps, or are my gaskets blown, my dads truck had blown gaskets and his truck puked coolant all over the bottle, he drove it 35000 miles like that befor he got studs

am i just worried to much or is there a problem.

Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-16-2013, 09:34 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Need to determine exactly how much pressure is being built in the cooling system, but it sounds like your head gaskets. Either that or your EGR cooler if you still have one.
Old 01-16-2013, 09:38 AM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 4 reviews
There's a test kit you can buy from napa for around $35, it'll tell you if you have exhaust gasses in the coolant.
Old 01-16-2013, 09:40 AM

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Slightly off topic but not to start another thread. My truck sat on sunday and monday, on Tuesday I opened the cap on degas bottle and got some pressure relief sound. Normal?

Sent from my phone
Old 01-16-2013, 11:23 AM
Winning DUHHH

Quote:
Originally Posted by darsey715 View Post
Slightly off topic but not to start another thread. My truck sat on sunday and monday, on Tuesday I opened the cap on degas bottle and got some pressure relief sound. Normal?

Sent from my phone
Yes normal

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App
Old 01-16-2013, 11:25 AM

ive seen truck that haven't driving in a few days have pressure i dont think thats a problem. i would say that means your not losing any pressure out of your cooling system. dont thing that its something to worry about.

my egr is removed, and i put a new oil cooler in the truck. and a coolant filter
Old 01-16-2013, 11:28 AM

i dont see much coolant, just a little here and there. sometimes i drive it for a little and i see nothing, ive seen all these trucks do it. its noticeable but you kinda have to examine it a bit
Old 01-16-2013, 11:28 AM

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Thanks guys!

Sent from my phone
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.