Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

HEAD STUDS

1K views 9 replies 7 participants last post by  bfloyd4445 
#1 ·
The truck is going in for tranny flush and they are gonna look over everyhting and see if I may need head studs. In this case which studs are the best? I hope to get the work covered under warranty.

#2 ·
H-11's are the best, but ARP's will be fine for your application. You only need to go with H-11's if you are going for massive power... (700-800 HP and/or 80-100 PSI boost)

#4 ·
About $300 more.

#8 ·
I got the H11. Insurance man. Never know when you catch a power bug, and if you have it opened up, at least you know you put the BEST in and will never look back if anything did happen. I'm happy I went with the H11s, I know I can throw anything at the truck now! worth the 300 extra. :thumb:

#9 ·
if ur gonna go over 600 RWHP you will need rod bearings too......so take that into consideration....

Dont do the H-11's unless you are willing to go there too....they are a better product but only in the big HP range....and then you will need further engine componants anyways...

#10 ·
Humm, so then you need the stronger bottom plate, rods and bearing as well as the h-11. What about crank and pistons?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.