F-250 Bogs Down/Hesitates - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-12-2007, 09:03 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Angry F-250 Bogs Down/Hesitates

I just bought a 1-year old F-250 with the 6.0 L turbo diesel. It was a lemon law buy-back. The former owner had complained that the truck hesitated or bogged down going up hills. The dealer that bought it at auction swore that the problem had been fixed either by replacing the turbo or by replacing a computer chip on the truck. He even took it camping himself to see that it was fixed.

This past weekend I took the truck for its first real road test. It drove beautifully... except: I was coming home on a gravel road, driving up hill (towing nothing). It bogged down or hesitated several times. I would push the accelerator halfway down, but it slowed to a crawl, as though it was getting no fuel.

Any thoughts? So far, this doesn't seem to happen on a level straightaway or going down hill. I drove it on hard top coming back through the mountains, also no problem. It's almost as though, when I'm on loose gravel heading uphill and the wheels start to slip a bit, I get no fuel to the injectors.

Any help would be appreciated. This is my first diesel and I really know nothing about them. But, I'm starting to worry that my lemon is, well, really a lemon. Thankfully, it's still under warranty.

Pat McCrary
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-12-2007, 09:15 AM
<--Pro Cooler Racer

Send a message via Skype™ to DKR
I might be off track, but do you notice if you were still getting boost?

Hopefully one of the techs will be along.
Old 11-12-2007, 09:35 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

I don't think I was getting any boost, or very little. So, you're thinking it's a turbo problem?
Old 11-12-2007, 10:16 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Sorry if I screw this up, but I think I got fuel from a place hardly ever sells diesel and ever since when I get on it and let off then try again is stalls until I floor it and alot of white smoke chugging?
Old 11-12-2007, 01:30 PM
<--Pro Cooler Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by patmccrary View Post
I don't think I was getting any boost, or very little. So, you're thinking it's a turbo problem?
Yeah, if you weren't showing any boost. That's where I would start with. Hopefully this post will it back up so a tech can see it. They'll be able to track it down better.
Old 11-12-2007, 01:34 PM
<--Pro Cooler Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spanky21 View Post
Sorry if I screw this up, but I think I got fuel from a place hardly ever sells diesel and ever since when I get on it and let off then try again is stalls until I floor it and alot of white smoke chugging?
You can get more coverage for your post if start your own thread in which ever year your truck is. Go to the forums page from the top of the page, scroll down till you see your year and engine, go into the problems area tap "New Thread", then make your post there.

In regards to your problem, did it start right after you filled up? And what engine do you have?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.