RevX vs. Hot Shot Secret! - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-12-2013, 01:00 PM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
RevX vs. Hot Shot Secret!

********DISCLAIMER********

I do not endorse, nor am I or have I ever been paid or received free products by either company. This was an independent trial wanting both company’s product to perform as stated.

Contacted both companies because of injector stiction, smoking, bucking and poor fuel mileage. Of course both claimed that their product was the best and worked better than the other. So with the flip of the coin Hot Shot Secret got the opportunity to go first.

1) Hot Shot Secret - 241,000

Contacted the company and he asked what my symptoms were and said that HSS would cure the problem. They took my credit card right there on the phone so I purchased the product and followed the installation directions to a T. Drained the oil and replaced it with Shell T6 along with the HSS additive. At the same time I changed my fuel filters. I started the truck and it still seemed to be skipping and smoking. I was told by the company when I purchased the product that it may take up to 500 miles to start seeing results. At 750 miles still nothing so I called and talked to the rep again and he said be patient and give it up to 1,500 to 2,000 miles to start. Well at 2,500 miles nothing. 3,000 still no change I called back and he said that they would refund my money but it was more likely a bad injector (I understood this and thought that this was a possibility). Finally I hit 5,000 miles and if anything it was getting worse. It would not move unless I let it warm up for 10 – 15 minutes and then it still seemed to have no power. Constant smoking, (no smoke screen but constant presence of smoke) still bucking and even at idle you could hear the injectors missing. I literally thought I was going to have to give Warren Diesel a call for some new injectors. Time for an oil change!

2) RevX – 246,000

Called the company to ask what the difference was between HSS and RevX and he told me that they were two totally different formulas and asked what application(s) I used my truck for. I told him I use it as a daily driver and I use it to pull a 30’ goose neck with about 16,000 lbs on it. I did not discuss the use of HSS and thought I could purchase directly from the company but to my surprise he recommended that I purchase through one of their dealers. He said they look out for him so he needs to look out for them. Same instructions, change the oil with T6, add the RevX and he added drive the piss out of it. He said it was best to haul a heavy load such as a trailer. This helps find the hot spots in the engine. Changed the oil with T6 and added the RevX. Like with the HSS I changed the fuel filters as I do with every oil change. Started the truck and didn’t even get a mile down the road and the skipping, smoking and bucking cleared right up. After about 6 miles I pulled over and from a dead stop punched and it smoked a tire (could not believe it)! No smoke, no skipping and no bucking! All this within the first few miles, I will see how it goes as I continue to add miles to the truck and will update accordingly.

3) Summary –

I know some people will disagree with this trial but I stayed neutral and wanted both products to work. Like RevX said they were two totally different formulas and I had two totally different results. I would definitely recommend RevX to any fellow stroker. Again as stated in the disclaimer I do not endorse either product nor did, or have I received payment weather monetary or by product. I will be glad to answer any question and accept any input. I just thought this might help someone save a little money.

Thanks,

Last edited by Deer Creek; 01-12-2013 at 01:06 PM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-12-2013, 07:45 PM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Nice review.

Sent from my phone that somebody didn't help me get.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.