Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

EGR (P0401) + P006A

7K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  GS247 
#1 ·
Well everything has been going well for the past few of months. Had an EGR flow problem a few months back with the code P0401 after Ford did recall 06E17. Code was pretty much taken care of. Truck was straight pipes with a 4" exhaust for about 3 months and no codes. Now driving back from the next town over check engine light came on. Figured it was P0401 again so I checked to make sure, but this time it was P006A. Haven't found much about this code and was wondering if anyone knew anything about it. I have a 2004 F350 extended cab 6.0L built before 9/03 with a 4" straight pipe exhaust and K&N intake. No Chip or programmer. Any help would be great.

~Randy

#2 ·
the code is a map- mass or volume air correlation. inspect the maf sensor for water or dirt and dust contamination, intake leaks or restriction, exhuast leaks and egr leaks. if all ok there. if you can check pids see if baro and map are with in 1 psi. if they are possible faulty maf. couple quick checks.

#3 ·
#4 ·
I just had the same thing happen to my rig. what was your fix?

#5 ·
Truthfully haven't fixed it yet hahaha... Either code will come on when I'm either driving steady on the highway or as soon as I get off the highway. Haven't experienced any performance losses or anything drivability wise so I just keep clearing it when it shows up.

#6 ·
yeah same here.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.