6.0 d-gas leaks bad - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-29-2006, 03:44 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
6.0 d-gas leaks bad

hi.i have a 2005 f350 6.0 33000mi. iv been loosing a lot of coolant out the d-gas bottle,3 qts today.i run a superchip in econo mode.it uses more chiped ,but still looses coolant stock.iv had the d-gas recall and a new cap,didet help.head bolts?egr cooler?its still under warentee althoe id realy hate to have them tare it down.any ideas?thanks johng
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-29-2006, 03:48 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by johng
hi.i have a 2005 f350 6.0 33000mi. iv been loosing a lot of coolant out the d-gas bottle,3 qts today.i run a superchip in econo mode.it uses more chiped ,but still looses coolant stock.iv had the d-gas recall and a new cap,didet help.head bolts?egr cooler?its still under warentee althoe id realy hate to have them tare it down.any ideas?thanks johng
odds are its an EGR cooler. Ive replaced quite a few and they are MUCH more common than headgaskets. are you having any major temp fluctuations on your gauge when the coolant is at the proper level??
Old 07-29-2006, 03:52 PM
Banned

there isnt any oil in the coolant is there??
Old 07-29-2006, 03:59 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

no temp changes,allways runs just above half on the gage,i check it with a temp gun 185deg.whow does thhe cooler effect the leaking?or should i say spraying!
Old 07-29-2006, 04:01 PM
Banned

if its not overheating, odds are its the EGR cooler. The EGR cooler is directly connected to the exhaust Y pipe, so the exhaust gas is being forced into the coolant, causing it to overpressurize and blow the coolant. A lot of the time they will blow white smoke after a start up as soon as the exhaust gets hot as well, but not all do......
Old 07-29-2006, 04:07 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

i hope thats what it is.do you think chips are ok,used conserveative. ill get it in this week.keep you updated.thanks marc
Old 07-29-2006, 04:13 PM
Banned

my viewpoint on the chip doesnt matter, make sure to take it out and disconnect your battery cables for an hour or so!!!! Dont mention it to the dealer when you take it in...
Old 08-21-2006, 03:25 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

6.0 head Gaskets

2005 ford F-350 Crew cab King Ranch, I just had head gaskets and other upgrades done by ford. Pulling a horse trailer and it puked everything out and began to run hot. Put more antifreeze in and it was steaming out the tail pipe and then began to free flow water out the tail pipe. I was shocked to see this with 29,000 miles on it. I was running superchip in economy and tow safe mode. I used heavy duty stop leak and filled system again. Made another 200 miles and to the ford dealership with little loss of fluid. Make sure you remove your chip and disconnedt your batteries for about an hour before taking to the dealership. Ford will give you hell over a chip, but still will fixed it under warranty. Only question I have is will it do it again?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.