wanted some input on oil - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-08-2013, 12:00 PM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
wanted some input on oil

new here to the fourm, been following for a while and have seen lots of good input.

I have been using Rotella T5 0w40 synthetic oil snce ii bought the truck (2 years) been changing it regularly without any issues. I changed it a few days ago but instead of using Rotella i used Liqui moly 0w40 synthetic. since then when the truck is cold it runs rough like a injector sticking. Starts perfect and runs perfect when warmed up but untill then it missis pretty bad.I never had this issue before i changed the oil, also on a cold start i have blue smoke which i never had before this. Do you think it could be the different oil causing this or just fluked into a injector going bad at the same time.

Last edited by aaron89; 01-08-2013 at 01:18 PM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-08-2013, 08:17 PM
Vintage Nakamichi Powered

Are you in a cold climate ? Not sure why it would cause stiction just to rule out any oil related issue dump it and putting Rotella back in.
Myself I think the Delo400LE synthetic runs better than the Rotella 5W/40. I know it also leaves no soot on my rear fender but Rotella does, I have no idea why but it's a fact. When I feel festive and want to spend $40.00 more dollars on the oil change I put in the Delo.
Have Rotella in there now and a black right rear fender too. ( I'm cheap) LOL try going back and see how it does,I'm curious.............
0W/40 is pretty thin unless your on the top of Alaska
Old 01-09-2013, 02:48 PM
Premium Member

running 0w40 in the winter so i could get away without plugging in the truck. dont always have access to plug ins. temps are around -10 to -15 C i paid 70 dollars a gallon for the liqui moly dont realy want to dump it so quick was thinkin about trying revX to see if that would help.
Old 01-09-2013, 08:16 PM
Vintage Nakamichi Powered

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaron89 View Post
running 0w40 in the winter so i could get away without plugging in the truck. dont always have access to plug ins. temps are around -10 to -15 C i paid 70 dollars a gallon for the liqui moly dont realy want to dump it so quick was thinkin about trying revX to see if that would help.
I completely understand, Archoil 9200 is much cheaper and is the same stuff and available on line. Have never used either of the two, hoping the pro active oil changing @ 5,000 mile intervals will keep it that way.
Not a lot of history with people running the 0W/40 so unfortunetly looks like your not going to get any input on it?
I cringe everytime it comes up to another 5,000 mile mark because it's a lot of budweisers that wind up out of the beer fund when it's oil time. I went 50 miles once on oil because of the brand I bought was CJ4 but that was it did not have all the ratings for the 6.0 so out came the 5 gallon buckett and out went another $135.00 bucks but the peice of mind was well worth it. I condidered it a hpop oil flush because it was fresh everywhere. Good Luck with it hope it smoothes out for you..........again look at Archoil9200
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.