Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

wanted some input on oil

1K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  mhatlen 
#1 · (Edited)
new here to the fourm, been following for a while and have seen lots of good input.

I have been using Rotella T5 0w40 synthetic oil snce ii bought the truck (2 years) been changing it regularly without any issues. I changed it a few days ago but instead of using Rotella i used Liqui moly 0w40 synthetic. since then when the truck is cold it runs rough like a injector sticking. Starts perfect and runs perfect when warmed up but untill then it missis pretty bad.I never had this issue before i changed the oil, also on a cold start i have blue smoke which i never had before this. Do you think it could be the different oil causing this or just fluked into a injector going bad at the same time.

#2 ·
Are you in a cold climate ? Not sure why it would cause stiction just to rule out any oil related issue dump it and putting Rotella back in.
Myself I think the Delo400LE synthetic runs better than the Rotella 5W/40. I know it also leaves no soot on my rear fender but Rotella does, I have no idea why but it's a fact. When I feel festive and want to spend $40.00 more dollars on the oil change I put in the Delo.
Have Rotella in there now and a black right rear fender too. ( I'm cheap) LOL try going back and see how it does,I'm curious.............
0W/40 is pretty thin unless your on the top of Alaska

#3 ·
running 0w40 in the winter so i could get away without plugging in the truck. dont always have access to plug ins. temps are around -10 to -15 C i paid 70 dollars a gallon for the liqui moly dont realy want to dump it so quick was thinkin about trying revX to see if that would help.

#4 ·
I completely understand, Archoil 9200 is much cheaper and is the same stuff and available on line. Have never used either of the two, hoping the pro active oil changing @ 5,000 mile intervals will keep it that way.
Not a lot of history with people running the 0W/40 so unfortunetly looks like your not going to get any input on it?
I cringe everytime it comes up to another 5,000 mile mark because it's a lot of budweisers that wind up out of the beer fund when it's oil time. I went 50 miles once on oil because of the brand I bought was CJ4 but that was it did not have all the ratings for the 6.0 so out came the 5 gallon buckett and out went another $135.00 bucks but the peice of mind was well worth it. I condidered it a hpop oil flush because it was fresh everywhere. Good Luck with it hope it smoothes out for you..........again look at Archoil9200

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.