Help! 6.0 barking back thru air filter - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-03-2007, 01:15 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Help! 6.0 barking back thru air filter

I have an 03 F250 6.0 with Airaid air filter. No other mods.

Back in August, I took my fith wheel to Colorado. I live in Dallas Tx. When I would start going it would bark and buck back thru the Air Filter. If I got on it a little it would go away. It did not do it on the way back.

Today I changed my oil, I went down the street and it started doing it again. Only this time it's wores. It 's all the time and when I get in it alittle it has no power. It idles fine. Please HELP!!!

Last edited by Standman; 11-03-2007 at 02:53 PM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-03-2007, 01:35 PM
ADMIN AND TECH

egr valve sticking , replace it dont clean it
Old 11-03-2007, 03:42 PM

Sorry........ But I did it any way! I took the EGR valve off and cleaned it. I don't live close enough to go get a new one.

It didn't pop and buck as much. But it dosen't have very much power when I get on it.

Would cleaning it help? it seam to alittle.
Old 11-03-2007, 07:34 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
try unplugging it while the truck is off, then start her up and take off and see if that helps.
Old 11-03-2007, 08:36 PM

Ok!!! I unpluged the EGR Valve. I drove it down the road. At first it seemed to be better. The motor seemed muffled but it didn't bark or buck. I got on it a couple of times.(also my new KC lights are the bomb) After I turned around to come back I got on it again. There was my old truck again. Yepe!!! As soon as I let off it went back to the muffled motor.

So I will get a new EGR valve Monday. I sure wish I understood what that EGR does!! The last time I had a problem with it, The truck smoked and ran rough when I first started it up. Marc told me to clean it and it fixed it right up.
Old 11-04-2007, 07:05 AM

I read on another post that if add too much oil when you change the oil it could cause the EGR to stick. On the dip stick it shows about 3/16 over Max. I know that it is bad if you put way to much oil in but would that much make a diference ??? If yes........ Why?????
Old 11-04-2007, 07:28 AM
ADMIN AND TECH

i dont agree with unplugging the egr valve , reason , if the valve is bad ,boost running thru the intake can push it open , still causing a driveabilty concern , and no more oil than that will not cause any problems , im still trying to figure out how to much oil can effect egr performance either way, to much oil no is not goo but you would have to be several quarts over and the only problem you would have would be execessive oil getting into intercooler and tubes via the crankcase veinlation, it would take alot of excess oil for a long time to cause egr problems
Old 11-04-2007, 07:46 AM

So your saying... Don't drive it until I get a new EGR valve?? And don't drive it with it un pluged?
Old 11-04-2007, 11:55 AM
ADMIN AND TECH

no im not saying dont drive , what im saying is to drive it unplugged isnt the fix , which if i read right you have already found out , ive read a hundred times on this site to just unplug and wholla problem fixed , and thats what i was saying before , i dont agree with that , obviously there is a problem , and even unplugged can still act up
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.