6.0 oil cooler advice - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-03-2013, 09:11 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
6.0 oil cooler advice

Well it's happened my oil cooler has ruptured and I'm gonna be replacing the motor later on with a 24v cummins and a Allison 1000 but that's later on. What my question really is, should I try and flush the system now with restore and restore+ or do it after and see it it clogs again? I need the truck to last until I can save up some funds for the cummins.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-03-2013, 09:30 AM
Banned

Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Do the flush afterwards. You do realize that doing that swap is gonna run you close to $20,000 to do it properly right? It would be a better option to bulletproof your 6.0 and keep the extra money for other things. If you really want to get rid of the oil cooler problems once and for all get the BulletProofDiesel Remote Oil Cooler kit and never worry about oil cooler failures again.
Old 01-03-2013, 09:50 AM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 5 reviews
ONLY because it already ruptured I recommend changing it and Then doing the flush... which will most likely clog your new one that will need to be replaced again.

IF your cooler was clogged but not ruptured, you could have flushed now, THEN changed it and not had a problem with it again. But thats not the case
Old 01-03-2013, 09:51 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

I ready have the 24v and the Allison won't be very expensive actually less than the controller from destroyed. I was going to do the bpd kit but this happened first this 6.0 has left me on the side of the road 6 times and I am very disgusted with it, none of my cummins no matter how beat they are have ever left me just the body falls apart around them. The reason behind not doing the bpd is I'm just tired of the 6.0 I have fast cars I want reliable and comfortable I have a 06 dodge 2500 its awesome but the injectors scare me that's why I like the 24v. I know all about the vp44 and its issues but I'm willing to take that chance. I like the ford duallys and plan on keeping this truck for a long time after everything is done. I just need this 6.0 to last me about 6-12 months so I can save the funds to get the cummins in. I think I'm just gonna flush as much oil out before then do restore and + after and if I need to change it again I will. What's funny I've had every gen of cummins made except the 6.7 and none have failed they just keep going, this is my first ford and its done me wrong lol.
Old 01-03-2013, 09:56 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Also I will be using the napa cooler which from what I'm told is belkamp brand. I haven't put my hands or eyes on it but it does have a life time warranty and they said they would just take it back if it fails. So I'll be documenting the craftsmanship of the cooler it was only $220 so we will see. I appreciate the advice, it should be here tomorrow and that's when I'll start tearing the motor apart.
Old 01-03-2013, 09:57 AM
Banned

Do you have a monitor in the truck?
Old 01-03-2013, 10:01 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Yes I have the edge insight cts. Also have a sct programmer to get rid of the cel for the egr delete.
Old 01-03-2013, 10:02 AM
Banned

What happened that it left you stranded 6 times?
Old 01-03-2013, 10:07 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

1 time was the egr cooler blew, 2 times was the exhaust back pressure sensor shut the truck down I cleaned it when I got home worked the. On my way to work it did it again at 4am in blacked out fog wouldn't let me idle for more than a couple of min, bad fuel which I guess isn't the trucks fault, and now the oil cooler rupture.
Old 01-03-2013, 10:10 AM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 5 reviews
EGR cooler= EGR delete!

Oil cooler= new one or BPD kit

all the rest cannot be blamed on the "truck" but just unlucky... you DO NOT have it bad man. I would not be swapping motors because of something like that but oh well it's your choice
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.