Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

BPD or IPR oil cooler?

3K views 10 replies 6 participants last post by  Snake 
#1 ·
Well, it looks like this year will start out with the truck 'under the knife' again. After replacing and flushing everything else, my OEM oil cooler needs to go away. I have enjoyed great success with Bullet Proof Diesel parts, but am drawn to the IPR oil cooler due to it's use of liquid cooling. Not depending on air flow over a radiator seems like a well thought out solution. Price plays a part, too. What are your experiences with this type of project? Any input would be greatly appreciated!
Happy New Year!
Jon

#2 ·
Ohh, lord, here we go again.........get ready.

Sent from my phone that somebody didn't help me get.

#3 ·
#4 ·
Thank You for the great link Southend...my search-fu was weak today!

#6 ·
IMHO why spend more money to still maintain the OEM oil cooler? Leaving out the facts that Ken debunked the IPR kit already the fact is if your going to replace a oil cooler either use the OEM one in the stock location or go with BPD. If you go with BPD you will pay more up front, BUT you will NEVER have to do it again. Also one more thing to look at is this, with IPR's kit it maintains the OEM oil cooler and it can still rupture without being clogged first (asks me how I know) aside from that their "BEST" kit is only a few hundred dollars shy of a BPD kit so why short yourself now when you could have spent the little extra now and not worry about it again?

#7 ·
Thank You Tuscany (again) and thank you all. After reading those 500+ replies on the thread Southend sent, (whew!) as well as my previous dealings with BPD, I am going with them. A 6.0 expert at my dealership has said he is " not sold on that oil cooler", but I have yet to squeeze the reasons out of him. I like BPD's customer service, engineering and, well; just the way they do business. I want to support them, and in the end isn't that what this forum is for...keeping our trucks on the road and happy?
I remain grateful to everyone on these boards for sharing their wisdom with us newbies. A very safe and Happy New Year to ALL!
Jon

#10 ·
Right On Snake! Although I respect this tech a great deal, I don't feel compelled to 'sell' him on anything. When I first bought my truck from this dealership in NOV2004, I was scared to do anything to it. Thanks to these forums and the school of hard knocks, I am now wrenching under the hood and (slowly) becoming confident about the many things peculiar about these workhorses. Kinda a shame you have to pour so much money under the hood to bring these 6.0s to their potential, but as my daily driver/shop on wheels it must be done. It's all paid for, and getting into a new model is not in the cards at this time. To paraphrase Johnny Cash, "One piece at a time, and soon she'll be runnin' fine"! Thanks Again
Jon

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.