6.0 no start after putting back together - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-26-2012, 03:43 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
6.0 no start after putting back together

I have a 05 super duty. It started having a hard start after it was at running temperature. I decided to just pull it apart and install egr delete, new oil cooler and update the stc fitting. I put it all back together. Added oil through the oil filter housing. And finished filling up with oil. Cycled key 3 times and started cranking and no start. Gave a lil shot of ether and fired up. I could hear a leak somewhere so I suspect y-pipe to turbo. I noticed oil running down the drain tube of turbo so I guess it didn't get lined up good or popped into turbo. But I was currious if the drain tube leak could cause the hifh pressure oil pump to not reach 500 psi. I don't have the adapter to pressurized the system through the icp. Haven't got a chance to check voltage in ficm yet.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-26-2012, 06:38 PM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
No, that is just a drain to the crankcase, iirc. It is quite common for trash to make it through the hpop after an oil cooler replacement. Did you clean the resevoir well before pulling the screen out, was the screen torn? If that happend, often the trash will damage the screen on the ipr and you will be unable to build pressure. You may want to pull the ipr and inspect the screen.
Old 12-27-2012, 08:23 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

I didn't really think it would. Yes I cleaned the reservoir very well before and after removing the screen. The screen did have a little rip in it along the edge. If the trash did make it through the hpop could it have damaged the ipr or just clogged the new screen up.
Old 12-27-2012, 08:32 AM
Premium Member

It's a toss up, most guys end up having to replace them, when the screen is torn.

Sent from my phone that somebody didn't help me get.
Old 12-27-2012, 08:39 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Thanks for the info. In your opinion is the bench test of the ipr effective to determine good or bad ipr or should I pull icp pressurize the system and command ipr closed?
Old 12-27-2012, 08:43 AM
Premium Member

Hope you figure it out, but stay away from the starting fluid.
Old 12-27-2012, 08:53 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Thanks. Hopefully new ipr will fix it. Will update when I get
Old 12-27-2012, 09:40 AM
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cursedstroker View Post
Thanks for the info. In your opinion is the bench test of the ipr effective to determine good or bad ipr or should I pull icp pressurize the system and command ipr closed?
I myself, would pull it, inspect it, and power it up to see if it clicks. If it does and the screen is torn, I would replace the screen and retry it. Btw, you should really get a monitor on that truck. Yes and stay away from starting fluid. Keep us updated.

Edit: If you end up getting a new one, could you ohm test the new and old one, and post the values?

Sent from my phone that somebody didn't help me get.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
ficm, hpop, ipr icp

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.