No start 6.0 mystery - Page 3 - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-26-2012, 09:24 AM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
High pressure oil leak is possible.... dummy plug o rings or sct fitting.... check oil pressure when cranking....I'm pretty sure it needs 550 to 600psi to crank.....

Just an option

Sent from my DROID RAZR using AutoGuide.Com Free App
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-26-2012, 09:52 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

it's early 04. no plugs or stc.
in order for the ficm to sync, pcm needs to see 500psi or greater. and signal from the cam sensor. without ficm sync, there will be no smoke out the tailpipe.

you know what? just for the hell of it, disconnect the icp and try firing it up. like i said though, i've never seen a bad icp/pigtail cause a no start. not to say it couldn't happen. your icp voltage does seem to be jumping all over while cranking. however, if it were a shorting icp, as i'm leaning to with unplugging it, you'd be throwing an icp circuit code.

can you view icp in a pressure value as apposed to voltage? and ipr in duty cycle?
you're very limited right now with the device you have to monitor with.
something capable of viewing more PIDs would be in order. it sounds to me like the ficm is not syncing for whatever reason. you keep throwing a cam sensor code as well. typically thrown from cranking without starting, but could also be the wiring. that would cause no ficm sync as well. when you replaced the sensor, did you look at the wiring carefully? somewhat common for the cam sensor wiring to chafe or become damaged. it's down low, so there's a lot of oil in the area. basically, you need to see if the ficm is syncing and what your icp pressure and ipr duty cycle are at
Old 12-26-2012, 11:51 AM

Unplugged icp on change. I just called a tow truck it's going to the dealer for the first time in my ownership. I'm not pleased....
Old 12-26-2012, 12:18 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

i'm sorry to hear that. i'm certain we could have figured this, had our scope of diag tools been broader.
let us know what they say.
thanks
Old 12-26-2012, 12:26 PM

Exactly my electronic tools are limited as only a shop would have the right computer. I will update this post to let you guys know the issue. This has been an ongoing issue that got progressively worst over 2 month period.
Old 12-28-2012, 04:48 AM

Hey guys problem was rather simple but as I said never would have got it with the computer on it. It was rust and corrosion on the block buttered the sensors out enough that they would not read. I remember reading that once on the boards but never thought of in. The dealer *** raped me 620 bucks to diagnosis and clean the areas.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.