hard start no power - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-24-2012, 01:35 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
hard start no power

Hi, new to the forum havent had any problems to speak about until now. Brief history, '04 F350 6.0. It recently threw a code for the ICP sensor, it has had intermittent idle run problems and it finally got bad enough to throw a code. After replacing the sensor the fuel economy dropped dramatically. The present problem is I started it cold, it ran fine for about 10 or 15 seconds and then started to run rough and died. After a few tries it did reluctantly restart but feels like it is running on 4 or 5 cylinders and blowing black. It threw codes P0265 and P0268which the scanner shows as high signal voltage and a V0155 which the scanner shows as no communication with the instrument cluster. I have run google searches on those codes in an attempt to find some kind of trouble flow chart where to look but have come up empty thus far. I did check the voltage on the FICM and it is a steady 48 koeo and cranking, dont have a run voltage. Any information on where to start looking would be greatly appreciated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-24-2012, 03:55 PM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
What monitor are you using? This is essential......Write Up: Monitoring the 6.0L PSD.
Have you checked your fuel filters, are ypu running motorcraft filters with matching caps and a high quality oil. Pull your egr and see if it it's stuck open.

Sent from my phone that somebody didn't help me get.
Old 12-24-2012, 04:13 PM
Premium Member

Sounds like you have wire chaffing issues.

Trouble-shooting guide here. Also, the 6.0 bible.

There is a Ford DTC pdf that lists a bit more than just the code.

http://www.dieseltalk.com/support/DTC.pdf

P0265 INJ Cylinder Number 2 Injector Circuit High Circuit short to ground or voltage, fuel injector

P0268 INJ Cylinder Number 3 Injector Circuit High Circuit short to ground or voltage, fuel injector
Old 12-25-2012, 07:11 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Fuel filters both motorcraft changed within the last 4,000 miles. Pulled both out to have a look and they don't look at all dirty. Am not monitoring the engine, drove up last Sat. and pulled the codes with my hand held scanner. Just in case I brought the FICM down with me and it is going out tomorrow. Have a retired diesel mechanic friend in Washington state that said it COULD be the FICM but that they usually don't go out like that. He suggested sending it to FICM repair for bench testing, any thoughts on them? EGR and turbo were cleaned and at the same time I changed to synthetic oil when I was having the intermittent problem with the ICP sensor. Unfortunately the truck is about a hundred miles from the house, fortunately where it died I was able to leave it parked until I can find the problem. I am not worried about someone getting into it and stealing it and if they find a way God bless them it's insured. The way it sounds if I am not lucky enough to have a FICM problem I will need to have it towed home where I have the tool box and the time to disect it. When I get it running it will probably be replaced with a gas engne truck as I no longer need the weight capasity and unless I can find the reason for the dramatic drop in fuel mileage I can't afford to drive it. Highway mileage used to be good, but this last trip judging by the fuel gauge it appears to have been cut in half. In town mileage, Los Angeles traffic, not so. Accelerating a three and a half ton plug in stop and go traffic was never anything to brag about and since replacing the ICP sensor it is deplorable, I don't know if you have any experience with the original 454 chevy dually but this ford is now in that category. Difference is that now I am buying $4.00 a gallon diesel as opposed to .75 cents a gallon (at the time) gas.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.