oil cooler blue hose broke - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-23-2012, 09:03 AM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
oil cooler blue hose broke

That little blue hose. riped when trying to slide the coolant line off. can i get the part ad advance auto
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-23-2012, 10:20 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

You can about $35.00 but then I am a die hard OEM man when it comes to the 6.0 if its not Ford or International I wont put it on. But thats just me.
Old 12-23-2012, 10:34 AM
Banned

Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Go buy a foot of 3/4" I.d. black heater hose and two new hose clamps and swap them out. It is only like $3/ft and if it leaks or tears again you still have 9 more inches of hose to make future repairs if necessary. Mine kept leaking and this is what I did.

Old 12-24-2012, 09:42 PM
Banned

I'm thinking that's a 3/4" ID silicon based heater hose, that even the factory uses. Much more durable and heat tolerant than a basic heater hose found at any auto parts store. Any heavy truck parts place, or dealer should have it in stock. Look for the Goodyear Hi-Miler brand, and pick up a couple stainless liner clamps. They have the smooth liner, with no ridges to dig into the hose which damages it. That Goodyear Hi-Miler stuff....it will never wear out. We have trucks in our fleet at work with over 750,000 miles on the hose, still even looks good after a steam clean.
Old 12-24-2012, 09:51 PM
Banned

You can tell me that all you want, but I have replaced that blue hose 3 times since I have owned this truck and the third time I used the black heater hose with regular hose clamps and so far I have over 4000 miles on it and nothing wrong with it. Also heater hose is heater hose it has coolant that flows through it doesn't matter if it's high dollar hose or cheap autoparts heater hose it will get the job done for a lot less money. Oh and by the way your stainless backed hose clamps are what cut into the other hoses and caused them to leak.
Old 12-24-2012, 11:36 PM
Banned

Well.....okay then. Just keep in mind that not all blue heater hose is silicon. FYI, regular rubber heater hose and diesel do not mix. Get a bit on it from changing fuel filters, and it starts degrading. Also, any hose clamp put on too tight will damage a hose. Installed properly, the good silicon stuff will outlast the oil cooler. And, you can even splash it with diesel weekly and it won't mind
Old 12-24-2012, 11:56 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

those coolant passages were designed for the oe part using o rings to seal. i'd just use the oe part. it's only 35$. but that's just my opinion
Old 12-25-2012, 01:06 AM
Banned

What part of an egr delete is OEM? None, other than the nipple where the hose connects to the oil cooler housing. Also if you get diesel on that hose by swapping a fuel filter you probably shouldn't be working on these. Do what you want. Spend more money than you need too but I have had to change that chitty blue hose 3 times and I said to hell with it this is cheaper and faster in a bind and works just as well.
Old 12-25-2012, 01:12 AM
Mod Newbie

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Duct tape and paint it whatever color you desire
Old 12-25-2012, 01:14 AM
Banned

Duct tape to the rescue once again. Lmao.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.