p006A - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-15-2012, 09:48 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
p006A

I have a 2004 f250 6.0(its a 2003 engine) I have blocked off the EGR cooler and I have a 4 inch magna flow turbo back exhaust. I do not have any custome tunes at this time. should i be concerned that this code came up tonight while driving also the 0401 code came up but ii think that is just saying the egr valve isnt getting flow. what should i do? is this just the same crap from me blocking off the egr?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-16-2012, 05:39 AM

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
The P0401 is standard because of your EGR block-off. The P0006A I believe only gets thrown if you have the inferred EBP calibration. I didn't get that code until I got the PCM flashed. I have both codes and have no problems with the truck. I don't worry about either one.
Old 12-16-2012, 07:39 PM

do you know what the oo6a means though
Old 12-16-2012, 07:49 PM

p006A Map Mass air flow correlation bank 1 A Ford specific code not in the standard DTC databases.

Last edited by dannyboy950; 12-16-2012 at 08:42 PM. Reason: more info
Old 12-17-2012, 01:39 AM

But hear is the question what causes thus to come up in the first place and should I be concerned?
Old 12-17-2012, 04:22 AM

Well now that is not a simple question to answer.

First off before you get too concerned you need to clear the code with a scanner and retest the truck. Take it for a nice long drive and see if the code pops back up. It may have been a momentary fault. If it repeatedly occures then ya need to find out why.

Essentially at some point while the pcm polled its sensors MAP and Maff values
did not agree or balance for the particular operateing conditions of the engine
at the time the poll was taken by the pcm.

This may be a pcm hiccup because that type code is useually seen in a gas engine if I rember correctly.
Old 12-17-2012, 05:51 AM

you've got the early 04. almost certainly has the inferred ebp pcm reflash. the p006a code is often a result of this reflash. with the egr blocked, it probably set the code, since egr also doubles as the turbo wastegate, to an extent. the reflash omits the actual ebp reading and instead, calculates the reading through map and maf. to achieve this, the map sensor readings are now hyper-sensitive. so the map/maf correlation code gets thrown out much more often with the reflash.

i would look for any exhaust leaks. especially around the manifolds, turbo up pipe bellows, and turbo flange. look for soot around the firewall. that is the most common cause of this code on late trucks (late 04 and up), that don't run inf. ebp.
or, if you have an aftermarket air cleaner unit, that can sometimes trip the code as well.

basically, if you don't have any exhaust leaks, i wouldn't worry about this code
Old 12-17-2012, 04:13 PM

Well the truck started throwing a few codes now ill get all the numbers in here later tonight.(I'm currently at work) but it threw something about throttle position and fuel reading not sure what they all mean yet but ill be searching later. If I got the custom tunes done that I'm gonna get from innovative diesel would that turn most codes off since the egr is disabled?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.