HELP!!! First 6.0! - Page 2 - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-06-2012, 05:59 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
sorry i did post that wrong icp jumps to 1364 psi cranking

All i can get is the duty cycle of the ipr which is 15% jumping to atmost 41% while running.

PS Got it running somehow? able to run way more tests checked all injectors shutting them down all individually and basically my whole left bank besides the number 3 injector did nothing when shut off. Right bank on the other hand bucked when individual injectors were shut off. So does that mean my harness on my drivers side is f***** or is it the injectors (1,5,7)?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-06-2012, 06:12 PM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Right bank is from front 1,3,5,7, left is 2,4,6,8. First you need the correct fuel filters, it seems you may have combustion gas in the fuel rail, remove ficm relay, hfcm fuse, and secondary fuel filter housing. Have someone crank it over and look for bubbles/gas in the housing. Any codes?

Edit: also check to make sure the filter housing is filling with fuel quickly with key on. You may have suck up a load of trash that made it past the collapsed filters.

Sent from my phone that somebody didn't help me get.

Last edited by southend; 12-06-2012 at 06:16 PM.
Old 12-06-2012, 09:11 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

6.0 with starting problems

you may need to get your injector control module checked, or the pluges on the underneath side may be loose. This module is located on the left hand side on top of the valve cover if this is not working properly the injectors will not fire no matter what the oil pressure is. I had a semilar problem and my wiring harness was loose and had some corrosion on the terminals cleaned and retightened and mine went back to starting. if you can, you may want to change 2 injectors around and see if your problrm follows or stay in the same place, if it follows you probably have a bad injector from somthing foreign. If it stays in the same place it could be your injector control module or wiring.
Old 12-07-2012, 05:58 AM
Premium Member

Going back to the initial report of "low fuel" and it started running rough right away, that sure points to fuel contamination. If it was bad enough, it would certainly damage the injectors. However, it is somewhat unlikely the worst of the contamination would only be in one bank, but it is possible.

With the low fuel situation, it is possible you did run some of your injectors dry. If that did occur, again, your injectors are probably damaged.

The report that the right bank is out 3/4 is more indicative of a wiring (FICM) problem. To have both occurrences happen at the same time is unlikely, given that the FICM tested OK. However, you still need to test wiring.

The safest option (meaning it would prevent further damage) would be to flush your fuel system at the motor. It would also be a good idea to do the tank as well. Swapping out injectors with working ones could help find out if it electrical or injector related. However, you have 3 out on one side. You don't really want to grab working injectors from the other bank to help diagnose. To save time and money it would be easier to take them to an injector shop close by to test, if available. Barring that, at the very least buy/borrow one injector to help troubleshoot.

I have a feeling you need 3 injectors. Please keep us posted.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.