Lifter come apart. - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-05-2012, 04:06 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Exclamation Lifter come apart.

Ok so I'm new here. I have an 03 F350 6.0 had 107k on it when i bought it in January of this year now has 190k. the only thing that I have done to it is 4in turbo back exuast, was going to do studs and egr delete this month but, the engine started knocking took it to the dealer and it has had a lifter come apart and metal going through the motor. So time for a new motor I have done a lot of looking around and the best warranty on a reman is from Jasper.

Has anyone used the Jasper 6.0 with studs and have you had good luck with them ?

Also how big of a job is it to replace motor without removing the cab?

Last edited by crspeedy67; 12-05-2012 at 04:08 PM. Reason: add question
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-05-2012, 07:47 PM

I have used Jasper quite often and have only had a couple of engines that didn't hang together. They honored their warrenty and even Hot Shotted a complete replacement engine on their dime. I have no complaints.

As for the job look at Tuscany's posts he has a link to his head job, he did all the steps needed to pull the engine other than actually pulling the engine.
There is another member but I can't remember who that has a post on pulling the engine. both posts have detailed comments and plenty pictures.
Old 12-05-2012, 08:22 PM
Banned

Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Yeah while I have no "actual" experience with Jasper Engines I have met and spoken with many of their employees and people who have purchased their products. They do make top notch quality engines and from what I have heard they are outstanding on their warranties as well. However their prices are NOT cheap, that said you mostly get what you pay for in these scenarios unfortunately.
Old 12-06-2012, 12:35 PM

Thanks for the input I will be ordering engine soon.
Old 12-09-2012, 05:27 PM
Emergency Services

My $.02, I've seen some bad ones, one that came out of the crate with three different sized pistons and had a compression issue. I like their gas stuff, but haven't been impressed with the 6.0s I've seen. YMMV
Old 12-09-2012, 05:36 PM

I have ZERO diesel experience with Jasper.
But I have used them a bunch for outboards at work, two stroke and four stroke.
Ill leave the details out, but I will never put one of their long blocks on my customers boats ever again.
Old 12-10-2012, 06:25 PM

No experience with their diesel motors, but I have seen quite a few gaser's. All LS stuff (LS1, LS2, L76, LS3 and L99) and there is no-way in hell I would ever put one in something I own or recommend one to anyone I didn't absolutely hate.

Seen or heard first hand everything from crappy machining to mismatched parts (wrong heads, intake manifolds etc...).

The last LS2 I saw was installed by a dealer (06 GTO) because the warranty wouldn't spring for anything else. Car was a complete dog compared to before the repair and after being repeatedly turned away and told nothing was wrong we threw her on a buddies dyno and she put down 260 when a bone stock LS2 in a M6 GTO should make roughly 340 to the tire (I recently sold a stock bottom end LS2 06 GTO that made 483 rwhp on motor). No-one wanted to help this guy out, even after tear-down and showing the motor was built with the wrong heads and cam.

Poor guy ended up out of pocket for heads, cam, valvetrain and labor to get his car back to performing like a stock 400hp/400tq car should. Everyone's answer was that it was a working, running motor and didn't matter whether it was put together spec'd like a factory LS2 or not. They sold a LS2 and it had a LS2 block so the performance of the motor was inconsequential.
Old 12-11-2012, 12:59 PM

The only thing that I've heard about the engine supplier that you mentioned is that they can't tell you if your new engine has been bored or sleeved or not, etc. I've also heard that they are more expensive than we are but I have no first and knowledge since I've never bought anything from them.
Old 12-11-2012, 01:06 PM
Banned

Feedback Score: 10 reviews
I can vouche for the more expensive part. I looked into them a while back and they wanted close to $8000 for a long block with arps and black onyx gaskets.
Old 12-11-2012, 01:50 PM

Grab a drink or 2 and a snack and read this thread it's the most comprehensive thread on the 6.0 with more pictures than you can shake a stick at. It doesn't answer your Jasper question, but is good for your situation.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.