Yet ANOTHER running problem thread... - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-04-2012, 08:12 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Question Yet ANOTHER running problem thread...

ok ill try an make this quick and to the point with a bit of history on this truck. its a 10/03 built f450 with a big bed for being one of our service trucks. has 230,xxx miles on it,BUT it has a new reman engine straight from ford to the tune of 16 grand. its been in the truck for 25k miles and has run great minus i had to put in a ipr about 10k ago.

so here i am with it now. the driver said it ran a bit rough in the am and smoothed out once warm. but then started to run poor all the time. said that when it gets real bad and bucking the throttle pedal has no response at all. wot or not its like its not even hooked up. and feel like its running on 3 cyls. and then it just dies. and wont restart.and once i put the IDS on it i had like 3 or 4 contribution codes as well as a TP code. power balance showed all the odd number cyls were dead. ran through the flowchart on the ford website and found the TP sensor values all out of wack. put that in and that cured the code for that. next tested my ficm which passed at 47volts but pullled it apart anyway to inspect. didnt really find anything wrong with it, but swapped one out for a new one that i have here for another truck. programed that one and checked to see if the pcm needed updates. all were ok.

now i can start the truck and it runs meah ok but still shows #3 on the powerbalance as being dead. and the longer it runs it slowly drops number 1.....then number 5 and finally 7. then bucks jerks and dies. all in the time of eh....5 minutes or so.

comanded the ipr to 85% and ran shop air to the icp sensor hole and dont hear any leaks. in the breather or the oil fill neck. iam at my witts end and i need help. any would be great. thanks and sorry for the long post i just want as much info as will help
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-04-2012, 08:15 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

also has fresh oem fuel filters, new oil change using motorcraft 15w40,air filter and cetain booster, new batteries
Old 12-04-2012, 11:24 AM
Premium Member

Chaffed wires or a loose connector. I would have said FICM, but for your comments. What is the ICP and fuel pressure reading?
Old 12-04-2012, 04:34 PM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Sure does sound like combustion gasses entering the fuel rail, albeit, very slowly.

Sent from my phone that somebody didn't help me get.
Old 12-05-2012, 05:29 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

ICP 0.86v
ICP 580-620PSI @idle
IPR 25% @ IDLE
60psi fuel pressure. with blue spring update

its just crazy for this thing to run this bad with a new engine ....iam just not sure what my next step should be .....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.